Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week one reaction

• 10-09-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are a couple of games tonight but they can be added to this later. What are people’s reactions to the events of the first weekend?

Jets looked awful against the Pats. Brady had the freedom of the meadowlands to pick his receivers.

Looks like it could be a long hard season for Kansas City and Atlanta. Poor Joey Harrington.

Bears v Chargers was a tough, tough contest. Couple of big turnovers hurt the Bears. I think they’ll miss Thomas Jones too.

The Cowboys Giants game last night was excellent, led by Romo and a very confident looking Eli! Cowboys could be live contenders if they keep that offensive performance level up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Nick Halling on sky summed it up really, its the big three patriots, colts and chargers. I fancy the pats just cos of bellicheck. Bears will have the best defence in the league (again) but Rex is crap and will continue to throw 1-2 interceptions every week.

As for the rest well I am still gutted that vick is gone, the first season he actually had WR's that could catch a ball and he's not there to throw it to them :mad:

Kansas and The raiders will probably be competing for next years first pick in the draft and the browns need to bring in brady quinn IMO. They are going to nothing this season anyway so why not blood him in?

I cant belive the 3 teams I support are the raiders ,browns and Falcons. THey will probably have the 3 worst records at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Eagles/Giants... what were you drinking???

I'd like some of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Detroit closing out in LA was very impresssive. Going from +17 to -1 in the 4th quarter would have been the end of them in previous years. But Kitna steadied the ship despite the noise of the hole. I still think they won't win more than 10 games as per the boast. But they may be an 8 - 8 or 9 - 7 team. We shall see.

Atlanta and Harrington produced exactly what should have been expected. He hasn't got it in him and he never had. It would not surprise me to see Leftwich be contacted by Falcon officials this week.

the browns need to bring in brady quinn IMO. They are going to nothing this season anyway so why not blood him in?

Because Romeo will hold off until the season is a lost cause before he puts Quinn in. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it - if he doesn't have a winning season he is out. As such, he isn't personally concerned about the long - term blooding of Quinn just yet. I don't think we will see Quinn until week 5 or 6. By which stage I would think that the Browns would have lost 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Detroit closing out in LA was very impresssive.

LA? :)

Early days yet, but can't deny that the Pats and the Colts look good. Chargers only beat the Bears, so the jury is out.

NFC: hmmm? Cowboys and Seahawks. A lot of people tipped the Eagles and they did well up there in Green Bay, holding them to 215 yds and 3 FG offensively. Pity about that 6-10 team turning them over. Still, it's only rubbish time yet. :D

Meant to mention Steelers, too. I know it was only the Browns, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Eagles/Giants... what were you drinking???
    It was a very long night...

BTW another game that Vince Young won with poor (ish) numbers. Looking forward to seeing him next weekend

Slow coach wrote:
    LA? :)
    lolz. Oakland obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Had my first NFL experience at the Seahawks game on Sunday. Now that I'm not able to use my Wembley tickets living up the road from Qwest Field kinda makes up for it! Not a classic but they (or is it we now) won comfortably enough. There's a lot of confidence on the ground here but I guess that's par for the course with any home crowd.

I've nothing to compare to in the NFL but the 12th man sounded pretty good on Sunday. Every time the Bucs settled at the line of scrimmage the noise was deafening. The only similar volume that I've experienced was possibly the Munster S/F against Wasps a few years back when Lansdowne was about 99.5% Munster fans.

View from 150ft above the 45yd line:
    1357004331_9c7051c46c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As a Raiders man i was quite pleased with week one. 3 Td's in one half is a big step up on last year. Our D was awful though but it's a step in the right direction at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Pace lost for season for Rams leaving behind a very inexperienced o line. This could have a major impact on the division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Just watched Cardinals-49ers highlights. Leinart learnt a massive lesson - you have to sell the PAF, he cost them bigtime with that and am fuming over it. Also, Cardinals coaches should have sent some delayed blitzes on third and short, the amount of times Smith stood forward untouched and then ran for 1st was simply unacceptable. Still at least Boldin and Roy Williams (lions) showed they're probably in top seven WRs in league despite fact both are massively underrated. Also good to see Roy Williams of Cowboys exposed yet again for most overrated player post-Vick in the league. Brutal to put it mindly.

Haven't heard of WR Williams? Gotta love that Air Jordan catch 28 seconds in and the "how did he do that?" catch 1:46 in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7610t9E10E&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

jdivision wrote:
    the amount of times Smith stood forward untouched and then ran for 1st was simply unacceptable.
    Smith rushed 3 times, and one of those was for nearly 30 yards. The others I'm not even sure he got a first down with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It's not like they needed to spy on them anyway, they always give the Jets a good whooping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Hopefully this will all blow over - there's a load of talk that everyone's doing it, and the way the Pats got caught doesn't make sense: if they've done this in the past, Mangini would certainly know about it, and one of the Jets' video analysts (a) is the son of the Pats' OL coach and (b) worked in the Pats' video analysis department so he would know all about this to. So why do it against a team you know you're better than, and who know to look out for it?

The Pats' boards are full of conspiracy theories that Belichick did this to mess with Mangini, or that they saw the Colts at this last year and are doing this to bring the whole matter into the NFL's focus. Of course, maybe they just get caught cheating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Chicago defence looked good. LT had 25 rushing yards and the chargers still won.

Pats looked awesome but then how good were the jets.

Bengals-ravens match...spoiered just in case somebody hasn't watched it yet.
    Can't believe the Bengals kept the ravens out at the end of that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

RuggieBear wrote:
    Chicago defence looked good. LT had 25 rushing yards and the chargers still won.

Pats looked awesome but then how good were the jets.

Bengals-ravens match...spoiered just in case somebody hasn't watched it yet.
    Can't believe the Bengals kept the ravens out at the end of that game

WRT Bengals Ravens game, will keep it spoiler free if needs be -
    that was a terrible decision by the umpire to disallow Heaps TD. No way was it pass interference. Made a mockery of the situation then giving Ravens a flag on the next play. Fair play to the bengals for holding out so long, but it was a definite TD

Pats looked good alright, but wonder will the season be spoiled now as a result of the cheating allegations.

Colts are still the team to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Advertisement