Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failing to produce licence

Options
  • 10-09-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, I'm due in court next monday for failing to produce my licence, can anyone tell me what to expect? Fine? Conviction? Any info would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

An endorsement and fine? Why didn't you produce?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would imagine a fine and penalty points.

http://www.penaltypoints.ie/licence_offences.php

According to the above a court conviction for failure to produce your licence carries 3 points on your licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 J`S

jaysis, I've been stopped loads of times when i didnt have my license with me, nothing ever said about it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

An endorsement and fine? Why didn't you produce?
    What implications will an endorsement have on my insurance? I completely forgot about having to produce it, had a lot on y mind at the time I was asked.

@ bazz, AFAIK there are only 36 offences which you get points for in operation

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Eoin087 wrote:
    What implications will an endorsement have on my insurance? I completely forgot about having to produce it, had a lot on y mind at the time I was asked.

@ bazz, AFAIK there are only 36 offences which you get points for in operation

An endorsement may up your premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Jaysus this is a good one.

"Failure to turn left when entering a roundabout"
    What nappy head put this list together!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think by "failure to turn left when entering a roundabout" they mean "gobsh1te went the wrong way around a roundabout" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

i know but still. it sounds a bit retarded. "Failure to keep left on entering a roundabout" would make a bit more sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Eoin087 wrote:
    Hi, I'm due in court next monday for failing to produce my licence, can anyone tell me what to expect? Fine? Conviction? Any info would be much appreciated :)
    Bring the licence to court and show it to the guard before the hearing. 99.9 % likely the case will be struck out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Jo King wrote:
    Bring the licence to court and show it to the guard before the hearing. 99.9 % likely the case will be struck out.

True. The judge nearly always wants them struck out as they have more important things to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Jo King wrote:
    Well now thats after calming me a small bit *phew*
    Anyone have any experience of being in court for something like this? What happens? I've never been in court before and have no idea what to expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Go to the courthouse early. There will be lots of people milling around. Ask around for the guard who applied for your summons. Show him your licence. If the guard is not there, find out if there is another guard dealing with the case. When the judge comes the cases will be called in order. Wait your turn. If you are very jumpy you can instruct a solicitor who will do the work for you, for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stephen wrote:
    I think by "failure to turn left when entering a roundabout" they mean "gobsh1te went the wrong way around a roundabout" :)
    Stupid thing is you only get 1 point for it! I knew a guy who killed another motorist by doing this while driving drunk.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

Solicitors never charge small fee's so whats the point in representation in this case....

Very very minor offense dude, you forgot to produce it no big deal, it's not like you never had a license in the first place. It's stupid being brought to court for that crap wasting everyone elses time. The garda who requested the summonds must be seriously behind in his mortgage payments to do this.

:cool: Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Solicitors never charge small fee's so whats the point in representation in this case....

Very very minor offense dude, you forgot to produce it no big deal, it's not like you never had a license in the first place. It's stupid being brought to court for that crap wasting everyone elses time. The garda who requested the summonds must be seriously behind in his mortgage payments to do this.

:cool: Tim

Do Guards get an incentive for every successful conviction they bring to court?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Jo King wrote:

yep..struck mine out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

completely off topic I know but since when could you post unreg in motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

barryfitz wrote:
    Jaysus this is a good one.

"Failure to turn left when entering a roundabout"
    What nappy head put this list together!
    Traveling West from Dublin, and you'll come across the rounadabout just before Liffey Valley. A few people have taken a right there, the wrong way:eek:
    miju wrote:
    completely off topic I know but since when could you post unreg in motors?
    Most likely moved from PI, as it'd get more joy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

666bxg wrote:
    Do Guards get an incentive for every successful conviction they bring to court?

Absolutely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Absolutely!!

Since when, or is this more motors BS?

• Advertisement

that makes sense alright, must remember to switch my brain on first before asking obviouso questions :):):)

Fey! wrote:
    Since when, or is this more motors BS?

course its complete BS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement