Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has a mod ever been banned?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

did ya really ban him?

Yes.
    oh i wanna be a mod. can i be a mod. i wanna ban people
    You just failed the Amp test. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Terry wrote:
    Yes.
    thats kinda cool, but i feel bad
    Terry wrote:
    You just failed the Amp test. :)

ah I was told its to much hassle anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The perks make up for the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

OK. Let us make one thing clear: HMODs don't count as moderators or people.

Also, I think copacetic has learned his lesson. Ban lifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Longfield wrote:
    I've was banned once from the forum I now mod...and AH once, ohh and accomodation once too, I'm a bad mofo!!
    Me too, although I haven't been banned from AH as of yet. Got a warning or two I think.
    Karoma wrote:
    OK. Let us make one thing clear: HMODs don't count as moderators or people.
    Hmods are people that failed the amp test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Terry wrote:
    Yes.
    That was mean. Although being from Dublin, I find the term mucks*v**e hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I have banned plenty of people, and I have been banned from plenty of fora over the years.

as for mods being banned from their own forum, i think im the only person outside of an admin who has imposed a hiatus on any mod from the forum they moderate.
    and if i do something wrong, i have no issue with being banned. you should see the fights we have in the moderators forum when i think a mod has unfairly banned someone :)

i actually dont like banning people. the 2 second process is still too time consuming for me. :)

so next time anyone complains that i am biased, in a cliche or any of that rubbish, feel free to point them towards this thread :)

Advertisement