Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomann.de - any more sites?

• 10-09-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Apart from Thomann.de are there anymore European websites that sell music equipment that is as good as Thomann?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

try musicstore.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

judas101 wrote:
    try musicstore.com

Got there before me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

hi

try www.soundslive.co.uk

got a lovely g series takamine (lefty) electro acoustic there with a nice hard case not too long ago. good service and delivered quickly. think there are based in newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rjramos

http://www.audiocity.ie

Haven't actually tried them out, but another option to investigate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BassAce

Remember, there are lots of stores that will do mail order. I got my bass from www.thebasscentre.com , which is in London. I was very pleased with the bass, and it was a lot cheaper than the Irish stores where looking for... in fact it was cheaper than Thomann. The only Irish store prepared to budge on price in my experience was the one on South Richmond Street... the others were well expensive. Don't know what you're looking for, but I'm sure this will apply whatever instrument you are after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Cheers folks, many thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭juanchoja

http://www.musicstore.de this is the music store, the bigges music store and warehouse in Europe, they send you a free catalogue at leat 2 times a year and there prices are the best, they make look Thommann like a convinient store.

I have been there too and it is BIG! like a huge B&Q for music only, the have a call centre with representatives for Ireland, they send you a catalogue with prices including Irish VAT, FREE DELIVERY and 2 years warranty, I have been buying there for years and i tell you, the attention and quality is the best, sum to this the best price on the market. THE MUSIC STORE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

+ 1 on Dolphin Music

I bought a bass amp from them recently.

juanchoja wrote:
    http://www.musicstore.de th I have been buying there for years and i tell you, the attention and quality is the best, sum to this the best price on the market. THE MUSIC STORE!

I'm afraid this is not my experience with The Music Store. I ordered an amp from them which was shown as in stock when I ordered. They billed my credit card immediatly. Four weeks later I enquired about my order to be told it would not be in stock for another six :rolleyes: weeks. I was never contacted about this to ask if I wanted to wait. I cancelled the order. Maybe I was just unlucky, but that's my experience.

• Advertisement

Rigsby wrote:
    I'm afraid this is not my experience with The Music Store. I ordered an amp from them which was shown as in stock when I ordered. They billed my credit card immediatly. Four weeks later I enquired about my order to be told it would not be in stock for another six :rolleyes: weeks. I was never contacted about this to ask if I wanted to wait. I cancelled the order. Maybe I was just unlucky, but that's my experience.

Sorry for that one man, very strange, perhaps you placed to order online, they are quite lousy if you place an order online, it happened the same to me, but i called them and the problem was solved immediately.

juanchoja wrote:
    Sorry for that one man, very strange, perhaps you placed to order online, they are quite lousy if you place an order online, it happened the same to me, but i called them and the problem was solved immediately.

Yes, the order was placed on line. I thought that was the way things were done these days. Anyway my contact number was on the order so they could have rang me to keep me up to date. It was this lack of information that annoyed me more than the waiting, especially when I had paid in full from day one. :mad:

Rigsby wrote:
    Yes, the order was placed on line. I thought that was the way things were done these days. Anyway my contact number was on the order so they could have rang me to keep me up to date. It was this lack of information that annoyed me more than the waiting, especially when I had paid in full from day one. :mad:

I understand you, it must be very frustrating, even more if you paid in advance, well.. another possible thing to do is to travel to Cologne with a low cost airline, see the store pick what you want and they ship it for free, you enjoy the city, have some beers and fly back, it might be cheaper or the same if you would buy something valuable in Ireland and you can do a bit of tourism at the same time. when I went there 4 years ago I felt like a kid in a candy store

juanchoja wrote:
    I understand you, it must be very frustrating, even more if you paid in advance, well.. another possible thing to do is to travel to Cologne with a low cost airline, see the store pick what you want and they ship it for free, you enjoy the city, have some beers and fly back, it might be cheaper or the same if you would buy something valuable in Ireland and you can do a bit of tourism at the same time. when I went there 4 years ago I felt like a kid in a candy store

Yeah, the thought of visiting the shop (as opposed to the site :D ) crossed my mind on a few occasions. Pity we dont have anything like it in our new affluent Ireland. Though , on second thoughts we'd probably end up going to Music Store Cologne anyway as everything would be a rip-off price here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Hey these are pretty good depending on what you're looking for,
    www.dv247.com
    www.turnkey.co.uk
    www.nusystems.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bassplayer41

playback.com is basically the same as thomann but they have better range of gear

Advertisement