Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

256mb ATI Radeon X550HM, what should I upgrade to?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Very new to this. My daughter plays The Sims2 with six expansion packs and four stuff packs. During the gameplay lately it's either freezing or crashing. Pc is Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P, 1024 mb RAM, 250gb hard disc drive and Intel Pentium 4 processor. Should I increase RAM and graphics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Was it always like that is no then it might be a symptom of something other problem with the machine e.g spyware or something nasty like that.

I;d say the amount of RAM at 1Gb is okay a cheap graphics card update might help but if the underlying problem is not related to that it may still occur

Run spybot search & destroy on the PC before doing anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

after fixing the problem it would be no harm for a little upgrade. Do you have a budget to work towards?

Advertisement