Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted account hacking messages from boards.tv

Options
  • 10-09-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've just gotten 3 e-mails in a row saying someone's trying to hack into my account on boards.tv:
    Dear Stark,

Your account on boards.tv Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 74.86.22.202

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
    http://www.boards.tv/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,

boards.tv Forums

Dear Stark,

Your account on boards.tv Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 90.10.209.6

Dear Stark,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 91.121.67.145

Is this something to be concerned about? Is anyone else getting these messages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Huh odd, I'll contact Cloudie about it to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Another IP address to add to the list:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can you think of any reason why someone would want to access your account there? Pissed anyone off lately? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Weird actually. One of the IPs matches a whole pile of accounts here. All foreign spam accounts. Your user profile hardly got onto bugmenot or something did it?

seamus wrote:
    Can you think of any reason why someone would want to access your account there? Pissed anyone off lately? :)

Don't think I've missed off anyone more than usual :)
    seamus wrote:
    Weird actually. One of the IPs matches a whole pile of accounts here. All foreign spam accounts. Your user profile hardly got onto bugmenot or something did it?

Figured it was some sort of spambot by the looks of things. No mention of boards.tv on bugmenot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Weird, not sure what I can do to help - maybe I can add those IPs to the blocked list? Can you still login to your account Stark? PM me if not...

Yeah I can still login. The messages have stopped since I reported them initially as well.

Advertisement