Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

severe ban ?

• 10-09-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Anybody else heard of this story ?

Xbox live user in the US got access to the halo 3 epsilon test, which was not open to him. Microsoft/Bungie found out about this access by him and various other users. So what did they do ?? Well they banned him from the marketplace and xbox live. For how long ?? oh, only until 31/12/9999. and no that is not a typo !!

So 2 things come to mind here :

1.Microsoft are really hard on people getting access to stuff they should have no access to, like a hacker really.

2. Microsoft are REALLY optimistic about how long the 360 will be in use !!!

EDIT : link for story http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25905855&sid=6178434&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;12

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

irishash wrote:

Well not so much the 360 but Live is what will be around a long time so thats what they have been banned from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

irishash wrote:
    Anybody else heard of this story ?

Xbox live user in the US got access to the halo 3 epsilon test, which was not open to him. Microsoft/Bungie found out about this access by him and various other users. So what did they do ?? Well they banned him from the marketplace and xbox live. For how long ?? oh, only until 31/12/9999. and no that is not a typo !!

So 2 things come to mind here :

1.Microsoft are really hard on people getting access to stuff they should have no access to, like a hacker really.

LOL - Wouldn't you just hate to be that dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

jonny24ie wrote:
    Well not so much the 360 but Live is what will be around a long time so thats what they have been banned from!

your kidding right.........right :confused:

so you are saying that the guy will live til 9999ad or will they ban his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great--great-great-grandkids !! :D

tis a bit silly of a ban - just give him a lifetime ban if you want to make a statement i feel. the number just makes me laugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

irishash wrote:

so you are saying that the guy will live til 9999ad or will they ban his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great--great-great-grandkids !! :D

tis a bit silly of a ban - just give him a lifetime ban if you want to make a statement i feel. the number just makes me laugh.

Well live was on the last xbox aswell and it will feature on the next I would imagine!! For perm bans on some forums etc the "Max Date" is normally a preset value and it looks like in this case its the year 9999. The could lift the ban if they want but its a statement to show that they hacked MS's systems so are perm banned!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Did the guy seriously think he wouldn't get caught for it?
    Ban fully deserved tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Idiot he had it coming for something so stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

irishash wrote:

Nope I believe it's only the console itself that gets banned and not the gamertag. So they're essentially forcing anyone that gets a permanent ban like this to buy a new Xbox 360 Console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

One of the guys had like 60k gamerpoints, gutted :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Stephen H

Lol they got seriously owned :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

trade in and elite tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

bombidol wrote:
    trade in and elite tbh

Poor auld pleb who gets the console second hand :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He posted on msft official forums about it.

link was on digg.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Poor auld pleb who gets the console second hand :P.

welcome to the real world! they can bring it back to gamestop or wherever and get a new one :p

Advertisement