Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano lessons in Limerick?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows where one could enroll in private piano lessons in or around the Dooradoyle area in Limerick?

Thanks,
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jean05

What level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shellerz

Beginner, have played before but a long time ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luulla

Hi Shellerz,
    Do you want to do the Royal Academy course, or are you interested in being able to read notes to learn different pieces that you like, for yourself?

I have 9 years of piano with the Royal Irish Academy of Music and can teach intermediary, prelims, and beginners. If you want to do the grades system -where you have an exam in the Summer or Winter-you should look for a teacher who has a diploma. If you want to learn the basics -scales, sight reading and theory and some pieces of music that you like then I could teach you.

I've just moved here and my piano hasnt arrived yet -I was going to put some notices up and see what demand was like first.

Let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks, L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Hey luulla,I might be interested. What will you be charging per lesson and how long will each session last?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

a good friend of mine is the lead singer of the band Vesta Varro, gives piano lessons in his spare time

A gifted musician, studied piano in UCC

Leave me know if any of ye are interested & ill leave him know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luulla

Hi Bobmeaney, its 100 euro for 8 lessons. I dont have my diploma yet so I wouldn't be comfortable charging more to be honest. Time wise its 20 -30 minutes for the beginner grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shellerz

shellerz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows where one could enroll in private piano lessons in or around the Dooradoyle area in Limerick?

Thanks,
    S
    Bump, still on the lookout...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

If you are still interested in lessons, I teach piano/keyboard in student's own homes and am based in Limerick (Corbally). Send me a PM and we can discuss times, prices etc.

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 barrymcguire2

Hi. I'm looking for piano lessons in Limerick. I'm playing for years and am at intermediate/advanced stage. Like learning by ear and playing cold play, nina simone, tom waits, etc. Looking for someone to teach informally. Still gave a lot to learn though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ramscallion

Hey, I'm also looking for lessons in lilmerick. I'm living in the city centre for the next five months and thought I'd use the opportuity to get better at the piano. I have been playing guitar for about 5/6 years and have messed around with pianos before but I would like to get properly competent on one. I have a keyboard with me in the apatment.
    I'd greatly appreciate if a teacher could PM me to talk about lessons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement