Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car For My Brother

Options
  • 10-09-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Just looking for some advice please, Kind of a MOD question sorry if in the wrong section.

My bro just got his license and i'm giving him my old car, It's a hunk O Junk but grand for him starting off. He's really image conscience, So i have to clean it up a bit.

It's a 93 Mitsubishi Colt.

First of all was looking to know what size alloys i could get on this???? Haven't a clue, 15" 17" lol:confused::confused:

Second The Cars black, but no color coded bumper so it's all grey and looks bad, Any cleaning or restoration products that could bring the bumpers back to a better finish???

And lastly any other products to try cover up an oul scratch and a scuff here and there.

Cheers for any help guys, Most appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

17" is the largest you can go on that model without scuffing the mud guards when you hit a corner. I would however recommed no more then 16" unless he has a passion for an ass pounding. Also tyre costs go up etc.

As for the paint i'm no expert but it's his first car, he's supposed to scratch it :)
    But afaik for a complete job like that all you can do really is t-cut the light scratches and give it a polish. Other then that it's a respray.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Actually 15's are ideal on the Colt. If it has power steering I might go as far as 16's but no higher.

You could buy a spurious bumper and get it sprayed but it would cost a pretty penny, unless he was going to get a body kit on it!!

Advertisement