Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opticswarehouse.com

Options
  • 10-09-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Anyone had any bad experiences with this crowd? I Put in an order there about a week ago and have heard nothing from them. Not replying to e-mails either. I've read a lot of good recommendations but this is doesn't look good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Ordered my scope monday had it wednesday, so can not complain about the service.

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Maybe the item you ordered is not in stock. I purchased a scope off www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk and had it in 3 days. The main reason I don't use opticswarehouse is because they don't have a phone number (I think) and did not reply to my inquiry email. Give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cmd17hmr

ive used these and it was there when they said 3-4 days

try email their sister sompany www.opticswarehouse.co.uk and u might get them their inbox could be full and it might not get through.

if worst comes to the worst cancle the credit card payment u have 30 days from the date of purchase,but u used pay pal so i doubt any prob will occour

try the postal service it could be their fault ring them and ask them have they any packages for u at ur local

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ksir

Thanks guys. The package just arrived this morning and an e-mail from them apologizing for the delay. They said that they were swamped with orders....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

www.theriflescopestore.com, used him to buy a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 riflescope. Costs less than 400 Euro including shipping and duty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I got a few bits and pieces off optics warehouse before at great prices.
    Waited ages for my first scope which turned out to be out of stock
    and had lots of un-answered emails. Their phone number changed
    or removed from the web site at one point as they wanted to deal through email only
    which left know way of contacted them apart from Snail Mail.
    (Actually the phone number is still removed from the UK webpage)

Eventually for me, They had tried to ring me at my home and my caller ID
    picked up the number that they tried to ring me from.
    Turned out to be a very nice bloke who gave me a more expensive scope instead.
    (Which turned out to be utter ****e (Nikko Stirling Platinum Nighteater)
    I kinda got the impression it was just one bloke working there that had to deal
    with everything and that there was nobody else employed there.

I got a range finder in 3-4 days
    Rings in 3-4 days
    Scope took a few weeks.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ksir wrote: »
    Anyone had any bad experiences with this crowd? I Put in an order there about a week ago and have heard nothing from them. Not replying to e-mails either. I've read a lot of good recommendations but this is doesn't look good

HI Ksir.
    I ordered a Nikko 8-32x60 AG IR scope and Nikko flip-up covers £201 sterling (about €270) from Opticsware House on Firday 29-Feb and it arrived on Monday 03 March by post, thats only 3 day's. The Nikko flip-ups were not in stock but I was told by E-mail that they will be back in stock 2/3 weeks, and will get sent then. I did E-mail first to check that what I required was in stock first, return E-mails were back in the same day within 2/4 hours. Good service. NO it's better it's a great service.
    I was looking at a US place that would send to Ireland but the difference was only about €25, and they would alter the info to get the import duty reduced for you. Mainly Nikko scopes.
    http://www.kinneysshootingsupply.com/nikko1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

used 'em twice and excellent service on both occasions, 3 days each time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Weird this thread re-surfaces after ages. Hope the mods dont mind.
    Since it HAS been replied to after so long.......................

I've since forgotten their telephone number does anyone have it???
    Reason I ask is Vegeta's brother put in an order for a scope recently
    and I think he's having the same issue I had where by they dont respond
    to emails and offer no visable Phone contact details.
    (and knowing Vegeta and met his brother once its bound to be a lot of Cash!!
    as they are both gun mad!!)

Only reason I got their number in 07 was it was recorded on my caller ID
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »
    ............I did E-mail first to check that what I required was in stock first, return E-mails were back in the same day within 2/4 hours. Good service............

I can't see a phone number on the site either.
    But as said I did use the websites 'Contact Us' form to make sure that the scopes I was looking at were in stock. Some were not, 2 weeks delay, so I got one that was in stock. Waiting on the Nikko flip-up covers for the scope, they will come in with the next lot of Nikko scopes - 2 weeks again and will be sent on. E-mails are signed as from JP. I used the .co.uk website, not .com.
    Clive J.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement