Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airis T920A Maps

• 10-09-2007 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Hi Dave, let us know if you got your Airis updated. I've got one and am unable to get map updates. Feel a bit conned, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I don't know for sure, but I'd say the upgrade will allow you to update whatever maps you already have, where as the standard map pack would be required to buy a map you don't already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I'm currently on holdays in Boston and have been using the Airis t920 with US maps. I was over here for two months last summer on a coast to coast road trip without GPS - big mistake! Anyway the Airis is absolutely brilliant - no more missed exits, loads of points of interest.

Installation was grand too - just need to upgrade to the latest software, however you'll need to use the method outlined on the very long Airis thread on here.

I got the maps here. As you can see they're currently out of stock.As far as I remember shipping was at least $20. The good news is that I've got 2 activations left so if you PM me I'm sure we can come to a reasonable arrangement :) You'll also need a big SD card - I have a 2 gig one dirt cheap on Ebay) which easily fits the east coast

map.gif

If you want to get all of north america on one card apparently a 4 gig one is supported but I can't verify this.

This from www.66.com
    ROUTE 66 Online Support

Product: Navigate
    Operating system: Windows Mobile Pocket PC
    Version: 7
    What activation restrictions apply?

The ROUTE 66 Navigate 7 software must be activated before you can use it. The following activation
    restrictions apply to the "ROUTE 66 Navigate 7" product:

- You can use the same product key as many times as you like on the same Pocket PC device
    - You can use the same product key on a second Pocket PC only starting 1 week after the first
    activation
    - You can use the same product key on a third Pocket PC only starting 1 month after the second
    activation

The product key you need to activate your product can be found inside the CD box (behind the CD)
    and on the Quick Start Guide.

The activation is made on our web site (http://www.66.com/activation/). Please enter all the
    requested data. You will then receive an activation key at the email address you provided.

I'll post up some pictures of my t920 running the USA maps later.

Notice the "Avoid Freeways" option. Voice changes to a nice American lady too:)

DSC01861.JPG

DSC01857.JPG

DSC01858.JPG

DSC01859.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement