Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Hand Lukes Grand Opening €300 + 30 Freezeout

• 10-09-2007 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

1. Who is running the event : Cool Hand Lukes
    2. The purpose of the event :commercial
    3. Date and Location of event 81 Merrion Sq 15 Sep 2007
    4. Registration and Start time of event. :REg from 3 start time 6
    5. Any prerequisites :member of club
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number : Reg on the Day
    7. Type of Tournament :Texas Hold'em Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent :€300
    9. Cost of registration €30
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund : N/A
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. N/A
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A
    13. Starting Chips 10,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. N/A
    15. Blind levels : see Below
    16. Blind timeframes
    25-50 30 mins
    50-100 30 mins
    75-150 30 mins
    100-200 30 mins
    150-300 30 mins
    200-400 40 mins
    300-600 40 mins
    400-800 40 mins
    500-1000 40 mins
    800-1500 40 mins
    1000-2000 45 Mins till lfinish
    1500-3000
    2000-4000
    3000-6000

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash :10% Paid all Cash
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill: Fully Trained at all tables
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. :TD HAS FINAL SAY ON ALL MATTERS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Looking forward to this, looks a good one

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll almost certainly be at this for an hour or two at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

will there be lol satelliteaments beforehand?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

is lukes 21s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lukes is 18s.

There will be satellites from 3 o clock or so. The next satellite starting may be the last one.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Lukes is 18s.

There will be satellites from 3 o clock or so. The next satellite starting may be the last one.
    Possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Blind Omaha Possibly The Last Satellite Of The Night

Who is playing this then?

Mick/Oscar (or anyone else that works there such as Richie or Paul), will it start on time do you think, or is this as usual, dependant on numbers? I probably have to work Saturday afternoon so I might be cutting it fine for 6pm. Is the number for Luke's 6629325?

Chers,

Dom

5starpool wrote:
    Who is playing this then?

Mick/Oscar (or anyone else that works there such as Richie or Paul), will it start on time do you think, or is this as usual, dependant on numbers? I probably have to work Saturday afternoon so I might be cutting it fine for 6pm. Is the number for Luke's 6629325?

Chers,

Dom

yes thats the number dom

we hope to have the last of the sats finishing up for 5.50 and the cards in the air for LATEST 6.10 as i mentioned previously we are going to start with a lot of new habbits one of which will be punctuality

Mick

If I am going to be a bit last I will ring in then.

Cheers Mick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

deffo gonna try be there for this. I aint ben back since the opening night so will make a special effort to male this one.

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Jayminator wrote:
    deffo gonna try be there for this. I aint ben back since the opening night so will make a special effort to male this one.

Jay

Jay deffo gona try make this, i'll try persuade the rest of the lads.
    should be a great game....

Ill more than likely be playing, unless its too busy and I have to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

I'm there (and home by tea time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I'm still waiting on my ticket for the big game on Sunday. If that comes along, I'll probably head up on Sat and play in this.

Just areminder that this will be a 2 day event depending on numbers

MICK

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'll be there.

Must say the new layout, new chairs, table coverings etc. are a major improvement. Luke and the lads are putting their own stamp on the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

chips can be a little confusing though

was over there playing cash lastnight and the place really looks well, i'd say this will get a lot of runners tomorrow, should be a good prize pool.... get in there...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭acetking

if this is a two day what time do they plan to stop on sat ?

• Advertisement

id imagine 3AM or so or if we make the money or FINAL TABLE before then we shall stop!!

It will of course be flexible, if everyone is happy to play it out we'll play it out.

yea what him up there said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

MickL wrote:
    Just areminder that this will be a 2 day event depending on numbers

MICK

Not much point playing so.If I get through to day 2 Im gonna be in croke park.
    Hope to visit ye another time instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm meant to be in work til 9 tonight but i have a habit of headin early when theres a big game on. No holidays left in work though and up to me b***** with it almost end of quarter.

If i was to be running late, what time can i get in til if i ring ahead? If its 2 day event, what time will you be starting off on Sunday because its a big day online tomorrow?

Meh i wont last till Sunday anyway the way i'm running so its irrelevant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

sunday night big game on starsmick .what time do you think you will be back on sunday ( just in case) i get through

If we get that amount of runners, very difficult to call, Id say we will finish between 3 and 4 and come back at 6pm at the latest, again we will be flexible, if people cant make it back we will play it out.

If we get to 9 players and its like 1 or 2AM and you guys want to play it out thats fine with us everybody must be in agreement with this or we return the next day!!

MickL wrote:
    If we get to 9 players and its like 1 or 2AM and you guys want to play it out thats fine with us everybody must be in agreement with this or we return the next day!!

I think thats ridiculous Mick. There should be no option to come back tomorrow if its only 1 or 2am when the FT forms. Everybody is going into this expecting it to be a long one. It should go on till at least 4 or 5am before its even considered coming back next day IMO.

• Advertisement

so if someone gets to the final table - and has been struggling to get cards - he can object to playing on - and hope his luck will change tomorrow?

The FT won't start before 3 anyways I'd imagine, even if there are only 35 runners, judging by the 100 FO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Ace2007 wrote:
    so if someone gets to the final table - and has been struggling to get cards - he can object to playing on - and hope his luck will change tomorrow?

Yeah, you're correct Ace. Mick, you can't allow this, some people, devout catholics for instance, have much better luck on Sundays.

come on lads lets hope this gets the numbers as its a great structure with plenty of play, now flushdraw get ur ass in gear and start finishing up ..... :p

Booooooo

Cant get out of here til 7 now anyway....Damn IBMers keeping me busy!

A long 2 day event wouldnt really suit me this week because i have a few games lined up from 7 tomorrow night. If i thought there was half a chance it would finish in 1 day or if we got back in tomorrow ealry, i might have took a chance and headed in late but i'll be giving it a miss this time around.

Good luck to everyone playing

So does anyone know if they got many for this?

• Advertisement

59. I got off to a great start, up to 16k at the end of the first level, but it went downhill slowly, and I got knocked out with about half the field left at midnight.

well it would be just plain greedy to want to win 2 tourneys in a week...
    OT - i assume you did the deal 50/50 - as you where way too tired to continue...

Yep. I know I should have played on as chip leader, 130k - 90k, but I was way too tired.

Flushdraw wrote:
    I think thats ridiculous Mick. There should be no option to come back tomorrow if its only 1 or 2am when the FT forms. Everybody is going into this expecting it to be a long one. It should go on till at least 4 or 5am before its even considered coming back next day IMO.
    only seen this now lads its was a very slim chance it would get to the FT at that time anyway but the reason that is heres an example the lsat fitz 500 diatho won it i think gets down to the final table 3am advertised as a 2 day event 2 players cant make it the next day because they have to catch flights (WTF why play a advertised 2 day event)
    the rest want to return tomorrow!!! one person hsa been in work since 5am the previous morning so he wants to return!! it turns out the play on till 7am until the guy that cant return is knocked out and 6 return on the sunday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Bubbled (7th, 6 paid) :( stupid game. (poker) prize money fab (1300 for 6th.) stupid game (9 hours 19 mins times 0 divided by 0 :confused: lots of 0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Bubbled (7th, 6 paid) :( stupid game. (poker) prize money fab (1300 for 6th.) stupid game (9 hours 19 mins times 0 divided by 0 :confused: lots of 0)

Unlucky Dan. Bubbling makes you want to kick stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Am I reading this right? The first paying position gave 1300 in a 300 buyin tournament? Awesome if true. And unlucky sir - silly game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

very good game and a good night. Went out 4th when I walked into a very well played AA by Michael Muldoon for 150k pot, I had tptk on the flop when I raise utg. So with 50k left, I had to push nearly any hand from the button with 9k already in the middle. I also loss a race when I made a good call against by cutoff raise to get in ahead preflop with AQs against A10 os for about 1/2 the chips in play, he hit a straight on the turn, so in hindsight a terrible call.

59 players, 6 paid which was great instead of the final table getting paid.

prizes

1000 for 6th
    1300 for 5th
    1700 for 4th
    2600 for 3rd
    3700 for 2nd
    7300 for 1st

a bit top heavy for a 18k prize pool. CHL put up prizes for 9, 8 and 7 place, free entry to 100 buyin event.

So disappoint how it end as I thought I had it wrap up, fed up going deep in live games and not winning. Mike and Willie were left and a guy called Kevin, doesn't play much, but had a very impressive game.

Anyway, will be looking forward to next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Ollieboy wrote:
    very good game and a good night. Went out 4th when I walked into a very well played AA by Michael Muldoon for 150k .

Is this guy cleaning up everywhere lately ??? :eek:

This game

SE €500 game

GJP €300 game

what time did the final table start and what time did it finish at?

The Al Lad wrote:
    Is this guy cleaning up everywhere lately ??? :eek:

This game

SE €500 game

GJP €300 game
    Michael is a seriously good player one of the best players on the scene at the minute imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

MickL - Don't forget to send me results asap.

Cheers,

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Ace2007 wrote:
    what time did the final table start and what time did it finish at?

310am, i was out in 7th at about 430am. was a good game. FT for me anyway was complicated by my table draw, woulda loved to be the other side of that guy Michael he played good big stack poker.

1 hand before FT im on sb, he's on bb. 40k me, 150k him, 500/1000 i have AJhh feel like getting tricky, i limp, he reaised to 4k, i make it 15k he makes it 50k and i lay down after an eternity and he shows A6o. I was looking for the insta-call button couldnt find it.... stupid mistakes like that = bubble + almost mugged walking to stephens green!!!! mental note - do not carry 300 quid headphones around neck at 5am sat night in dublin :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

310am, i was out in 7th at about 430am. was a good game. FT for me anyway was complicated by my table draw, woulda loved to be the other side of that guy Michael he played good big stack poker.

1 hand before FT im on sb, he's on bb. 40k me, 150k him, 500/1000 i have AJhh feel like getting tricky, i limp, he reaised to 4k, i make it 15k he makes it 50k and i lay down after an eternity and he shows A6o. I was looking for the insta-call button couldnt find it.... stupid mistakes like that = bubble + almost mugged walking to stephens green!!!! mental note - do not carry 300 quid headphones around neck at 5am sat night in dublin :mad:

Jaysus - mugged? :(

FWIW, you are being asked to call off 25k into a 30k pot against a super aggro player - and are four spots off getting paid. He needs to have AA for you not to have the right pot odds to call. And against that loon's range in a blind on blind confrontation (he loves putting people to decisions like this) it should be a snap call.

Though I'm sure you figured this one out yourself - given that it's yourself!! :)

Doubt we'll see you live again for a while after that experience. Unlucky on many various levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

MickL wrote:
    Michael is a seriously good player one of the best players on the scene at the minute imo

I was very impressive with his game, played with him a year ago and didnt think to much of it, hyperaggressive etc, but yesterday he had all the moves. I played a interesting hand with him when I bluffed him for a big pot with Q high, he told me he laid down 2 pair.....lol some chance. But excellant player, I was really hoping to get heads up with him and no deal as I thought it would be a great heads up battle.

As already mention, I had seat 8, which was positon on Michael, but I thought Requiem4adream was unlucky as he overplayed a few big hands, hence didnt get paid and didnt press the button when you should have, ie AJ hand. But hindsight is a great thing.

Will defo be back next month

• Advertisement
Advertisement