Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Hand Lukes Grand Opening €300 + 30 Freezeout

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Jaysus - mugged? :(

FWIW, you are being asked to call off 25k into a 30k pot against a super aggro player - and are four spots off getting paid. He needs to have AA for you not to have the right pot odds to call. And against that loon's range in a blind on blind confrontation (he loves putting people to decisions like this) it should be a snap call.

Though I'm sure you figured this one out yourself - given that it's yourself!! :)

Doubt we'll see you live again for a while after that experience. Unlucky on many various levels.

Had those Sony Noise Cancelling headphones around my neck walking some dodgy streets sorta aimlessly towards Stephens Green from Luke's, 2 guys come up to me ask me directions to Fleet Street, i said i dunno and walked off in the other direction they start walking after me saying "come here!" ....turning around was my 3rd mistake in the hour following overplaying AA and bubbling lol. suffice to say the story ends with me running like a headless chicken aimlessly....Carl Lewis had nothing on me last nite! and yes ill be staying to the safety of my pc for a while :D

In terms of overplaying the hands, i tried 2 donk overbets (KK and AKss) both failed then reraised Ollie with AA when smooth call was clearly the play. thats the nature of deep stacks though, play 9 hours gooT and 9 mins BADDDDDD and its Goodnight Vienna!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Wow Michael again with another fine result for September. However as per Lloyds post maybe with a bit more table time with Michael you might have made a different decision. Push dam push with the AJ.

Anyhow not taking away from Michael. He has FT all Irish ranking events he has played for september and as MickL has said is seriously on top of his game at the moment. People could learn a lot from just even listening to the guy at the table. 10 / 10 for his speech play alone.

SE mini festival 1st (me heads up with him)
    GJP €300 monthly chopped heads up
    Cool Hand Lukes €300 2nd.

Thats some record for september alone winning over €22K in the process.

Could nt make this myself but will deffo be there for October. I played in Lukes place friday night (although with a few beers ) and as per usual a great show was put on. Even if Luke did fall asleep 3 times at the table...GET SOME SLEEP LUKE.. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Ollieboy wrote:
    and a guy called Kevin, doesn't play much, but had a very impressive game.

Do you honestly believe he doesn't play much, from what you saw last night!...Kevin almost owns the €5k and €6.5K Gtd tournies on ipoker...this was his 4th trip to the big smoke to play poker:eek: won 2(fitz monthly also) cash 2..not bad!...Now if I could only disconnect him from d'internit and get him out more often, it wouln't be long before i'd be back in the black with those percent's:D

Super player and well played againg Kevin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Russh wrote:
    Do you honestly believe he doesn't play much, from what you saw last night!...Kevin almost owns the €5k and €6.5K Gtd tournies on ipoker...this was his 4th trip to the big smoke to play poker:eek: won 2(fitz monthly also) cash 2..not bad!...Now if I could only disconnect him from d'internit and get him out more often, it wouln't be long before i'd be back in the black with those percent's:D

Super player and well played againg Kevin....

sorry, meant he told me he doesn't play live much...

yes excellant player and picks his spots very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

310am, i was out in 7th at about 430am. was a good game. FT for me anyway was complicated by my table draw, woulda loved to be the other side of that guy Michael he played good big stack poker.

1 hand before FT im on sb, he's on bb. 40k me, 150k him, 500/1000 i have AJhh feel like getting tricky, i limp, he reaised to 4k, i make it 15k he makes it 50k and i lay down after an eternity and he shows A6o. I was looking for the insta-call button couldnt find it.... stupid mistakes like that = bubble + almost mugged walking to stephens green!!!! mental note - do not carry 300 quid headphones around neck at 5am sat night in dublin :mad:

I was at your table for that play, he really is pretty good and a nice guy to boot.

I get eliminated about 15th when I read an PF overraise for a small pocket pair. I push with my 88 figuring I had fold equity and if my read was right I was 80/20. I was a little surprised when he eventually called with A10 off. Pot was 30k+ (blinds 600/1200). The high flop had a pair which also gave him an inside straight draw. The turn was a great card for me giving me a flush draw and negating loads of his outs but the river paired a Q and counterfeited my 88s. I was quite comfy on that table and felt if I won that hand I was in good shape.

Well run as ever and good crack.

Well done to Ollieboy for cashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

So who was the victor in this in the end. Is there a list of the 6 money finishers. I got eliminated in 10th place after a horrendous bad call with AJ, I was kicking myself after I'd made it as it was more a call in the hopes of Requiem4adream having a smallish pair than thinking about his actual range of hands. Blinds were at 1k/2k and Requiem4adream pushed for about 35k+ from UTG, I had 21.5k so no real need for at best 50/50 situations just yet. It was the second big mistake I'd made during the tournament.
    Great tournament and some really impressive play from a number of different people. Very enjoyable game and good banter at the tables with plenty of quality speech play from Michael, very impressed with this aspect of his game. He was a bit relentless in a big hand with Gavin with about 20 left and it seemed to work for him in the end but no idea what either of them had.
    Only downside to the game was the delay in actually getting it stated, it was advertised for a 6:00 pm start time but play didn't start until 7:20 with satellites etc going on too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I was at your table for that play, he really is pretty good and a nice guy to boot.
    where were you sitting when you were knocked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Shortstack wrote:
    MickL - Don't forget to send me results asap.

Cheers,

Mike
    mike will e-mail them tonight what exactly do you need the final table finishs or the players registered

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

MickL wrote:
    mike will e-mail them tonight what exactly do you need the final table finishs or the players registered

Mick
    Mick stick them up here as well. cant be bothered reading through all the thread...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

MickL wrote:

Mick

Players in the money including any deals.

Cheers Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

MickL wrote:
    we hope to have the last of the sats finishing up for 5.50 and the cards in the air for LATEST 6.10 as i mentioned previously we are going to start with a lot of new habbits one of which will be punctuality

Only downside to the game was the delay in actually getting it stated, it was advertised for a 6:00 pm start time but play didn't start until 7:20 with satellites etc going on too long.

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Sigh

I was thinking the exact same thing Noel..and it finished in one night. I'm pretty sick on both counts because i would have definitely played if i knew that

Shortstack wrote:
    Players in the money including any deals.

Cheers Mick.

OK sorry about the delay was a tad busy :p

but here we go
    1000 for 6th (TOMMY BUCKLY)
    1300 for 5th (DAVID FINIGIAN)
    1700 for 4th (OLIVER BOYCE)
    2600 for 3rd (WILLIAM CLYNES)
    3700 for 2nd (MICHAEL MULDOON)
    7300 for 1st (KEVIN McCONVILE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks for that Mick, how come the money is so top heavy with 1st nearly double 2nd. Granted you want a good pay out if you win a deepstacked tournament but there's very little to distinguish 1st and 2nd in terms of the skill and discipline it takes to put you in the running.

Thanks for that Mick, how come the money is so top heavy with 1st nearly double 2nd. Granted you want a good pay out if you win a deepstacked tournament but there's very little to distinguish 1st and 2nd in terms of the skill and discipline it takes to put you in the running.
    really couldnt agree more to be honest.
    IT should go up in steady proportional increments, as the shorter hands it gets the more luck is relied on, and As willie will tell you he lost two races that meant instead of 7300 he gets 2600, this is huge like.

i do like the fact that there was a top 10% payout and that it wasnt just a creep into the money type scenario, but something like...

1000 for 6th
    1400 for 5th
    1900 for 4th
    2800 for 3rd
    4500 for 2nd
    6000 for 1st

would be much fairer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

1000 for 6th
    1400 for 5th
    1900 for 4th
    2800 for 3rd
    4500 for 2nd
    6000 for 1st

would be much fairer imo.

Thats not bad but i'd maybe go for

4200 for 2nd
    6300 for 1st

your playing heads up for 2K then, which is c10% of the prizepool. i think each step should be proportianal, in that if headsup double then so should every other step have.

IMO i think it was a Great payout
    i think if your going to be sitting there for possibly 2 days and then your only gettin 30% of the prizepool is!! 45 - 50% for 2 days pay and reward for acutally winning outright insted of limping into 2nd and 3rd!!!

Advertisement