Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Delivery Lorry

Options
  • 10-09-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'M LOOKING TO SEE IF THERE ARE any companies around the country that deliver wood pellets in a smaller lorry than the 40 foot ones Balcas have cos the driveway to our house is quite thin and twisty.

thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Would second Leinster Pellets. Llyod is very helpful and good at delivery. We are far happier using his supply than Balcas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 therussian

I can also recommend Leinster Pellets. Have been using them for a couple of months now. Find the service to be quick and reliable. Good quality pellets and prices too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pdeery

thanks guys, i got a fill from Lloyd a few weeks ago and it worked out great. only problem is that he says he wont be delivering to the west again as its not worth his while. i have 3 tonne there now to keep me going but will have to source someone with a small lorry for the next one. is Lloyd the only person in eire with a small delivery truck.

thanks
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Hi all

What type of bulk storage does everyone use?

Has anyone gone with the bio bin storage or the Balcas britestore, there's also a jml plastic one.
    If anyone has any advice on these or any info regarding pellet storage can you share it here please

Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 GEORGEHenry

We get ours bagged from http://www.firestixx.org/index.php?id=23&L=3 .The truck wasn't very big but don't know actual size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jack Duckworth

Guys, Try these folks for pelletts: http://www.woodpelletsales.ie/. I got them last March for around 200 Euro/tonne. With regards to the size of the lorry, its a rigid one so it should fit up most drive ways. If not I believe the lorry has a long pipe so maybe it can be filled from the road???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,101 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hmmm, 2 posts both of them recommending the same company...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bcvh33

Looking for a bulk wood pellet supplier in de northside. live in terraced house and therefore any supplier would have to go through the house if bringing by pipe (balcas don't do it for health and safety reasons). is there any other way i can get a bulk supply other than bagged supplies? if not who is the cheapest bulk supplier of bagged pellets in?

if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Advertisement