Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offline Co-op Recommendations?

• 10-09-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Having just finished Gears Of War in Co-op mode, I loaded up a copy of the original Halo to give that a blast as well, and to be honest, I was a little disappointed!

While Gears of War has a specifically tailored co-op mode, where one person revives the other when down, helps them open doors and switches, and take alternate routes to achieve objectives – Halo’s co-op seems to just be the normal single player mode with 2 people playing it. (i.e. cutscenes still only show 1 Master Chief, no puzzles where one player relies on the other, etc.)

Anyone have any recommendations for something like this?

(Finished Lego Star Wars in co-op as well, so that one’s out too!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Right well you've got a few choices there, unfortunately none of them have come out yet.
    First off Army of Two.This I think is coming out in November.
    Second Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Release date for this one is a bit up in the air.

Lastly theres an Alien-themed game that i can't put my finger on at this point, but if i remember ill post it.That's in November aswell.

Hope that helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

In my travels across the interweb; I came across pretty much just what I was looking for.

Apparently "Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory" has a co-op mode like this.

I was wondering though; has anyone played the newer/better looking "Double Agent"? I was confused about there apperently being two versions of it with completely different stories?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Splinter Cell is only online co-op as far as I recall.

I'd have a look on Xbox Arcade. Quite a few on there (Golden Axe, Streets of Rage etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

These two are great in cooperative.

Rainbow 6 Vegas
    Kameo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Kameo, really? I had no idea that was co op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

i was waiting on burnout paradise for some off line co-op. guess what? no split screen :(

Advertisement