Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are DT228/1 Repeat Results out yet?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 4:54pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering does anybody know are the repeat results for Computer Science Yr1 out yet in Kevin St, are they on a board or something? I havnt got a email from dit but I'm well awair DIT is always a last minute thing,

Cheers,

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

nope theyre not out yet!!
    our Board is meeting on thursday the 13th of this month.. so should be between friday and monday the results will be out!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fair play man, I was a little confused with the whole results craic lol

Cheers

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Do we have to go to that? Or what is the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Board meetings are held behind closed doors with only a select few lecturers with the head the said school and amongst other important people etc etc. students do not attend.

the results should be on the main notice board at the main entrance to kevin street the day after the board meeting. don't know if they are released online.

That makes sense but will we not get em on the 13th? coz im realy wanting the news sooner lmao, wat happened previos years does nyone know cos I would think it being a technology institute would be able to publish em online promptly :D

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

yoyo wrote:
    That makes sense but will we not get em on the 13th? coz im realy wanting the news sooner lmao, wat happened previos years does nyone know cos I would think it being a technology institute would be able to publish em online promptly :D

Nick

Well as you know DIT are a bit on the backwards side. I did a week of 3rd year and then was told to go back to 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ah, feck it. i was under the impression they'd post the results straight after the board meeting i.e. on the day, well thats the impression i got from "as soon as possible" but i guess i havn't yet gotten to grips with dit's understanding of the phrase.

So presumably they'll be posted up sumtime on friday? I shall have to wait another day in suspense i guess :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll be up tomorow, as its all computerised apparently i dont see why not, we'll see tomorow lol although others from class say to me that there out after meetings that day, or at least there up on a board in kevin st :P

Nick

ye, we can only hope. im gonna be in town 2m neway so ill deffo be strollin down there at sum stage to find out if theyve posted up the results

LOL, I'm gonna just ring em :D Easiest way to get em :D

Nick

• Advertisement

Luck for you both, I have to work tomorrow, I will have to check them on Friday afternoon instead, more suspense for me :D . Good luck to all of you and hopefully I will see in 2nd year.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Strange_Fruit

peader you failed!:( guess im the new class rep.:cool:

peader you failed!:( guess im the new class rep.:cool:

Grand, it is a tough job, all those class reps meeting and you have to go to training to become a class rep:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Results available online from tomorrow:

http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

They wont issue results over the phone. Whatever day your board are meeting, (you can phone the exam office to find this out) the results will be up late that afternoon and then follow in the post.

they results are out now, just have had my sleep disrupted by a delighted friend :mad:

Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details.

:(

Nick

ohh sorry forgot to mention he went into the college to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

the ****ing **** is this

wish i hadn't been checking this since 12

i'm off into college

Ahh ok Cremo, makes sense, Couldnt really be bothered going in, I love how DIT says on their site up by "Noon" the 14th, I always understood noon to be between 12:00 and 1:00 :P

Nick

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    they results are out now, just have had my sleep disrupted by a delighted friend :mad:

Who passed?

won't give out their names but initials shall suffice, DB and CB haven't heard from the rest.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww i passed!!!

go on the "pass by compensation"

i'm the really filthy guy that's always in late to college if you's didn't know

year 3 all the way

[edit] holy **** though, out of 21 people they only passed 8! who's gonna tell the orphans?!!

Do you know who else passed?

no idea whatsoever. sure it just has the exam numbers!

absolute crack a lech to celebrate

lech_beer.jpg

Well I passed all the repeats :D Thanks to a m8 who went into kevin st, I found out, I find it incredible DIT didnt publish the results online today esp coz were supposidly back this monday, Well ill expect em tomorow to be online, or that expecting way to much :P

Nick

well last year the school of computing board meeting wasn't until the tuesday after we were back so count yourselves lucky that you got your results before you've gone back.

unfortunately i wasnt so lucky (got the 'ol "reffered") so it looks like a repeat job for me. only thing is i cant really do anything till i get specific results so i know what im repeating. says theyll email us the results asap. anyone have a vague idea how long i can expect to be waiting?

on a side note i noticed only 6/29 passed with 1 carrying a subject. I can imagine they were marking it harshly either to sift out the ppl who are serious bout the subject and will keep trying or else we're all just bums :p

Yeah man, I was thrilled when I heard I passed to say the least, there may still be a possibility to continue on to 2nd year once you speak to the head (Think prob Brendan O Shea), Thats what I heard anyways,

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

anybody know anything about the Aungier St. results? I still havent received any word from the college as regards to my repeats. kinda holding out hope that they are just delayed or something. Or is Aungier St. just behind the rest or what?

Advertisement