Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are DT228/1 Repeat Results out yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nah man think there all behind, gotta go into aungier st to find out I'd say :O

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Enda89 wrote:
    anybody know anything about the Aungier St. results? I still havent received any word from the college as regards to my repeats. kinda holding out hope that they are just delayed or something. Or is Aungier St. just behind the rest or what?

someone in angier street told me her friend was told she wouldnt be gettin repeat results till october. i spose ure best bet is to ring the department head and find out what the story is.
    I'm gonna ring brendan o shea 2m and find out when we can expect to get sent proper results. term starts tomorrow and i wanna get back asap so im not missing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you won't get sent proper results (assuming you mean on paper), well i've never had.

Cremo wrote:
    you won't get sent proper results (assuming you mean on paper), well i've never had.

nah, i just mean any form of results, i.e. somthing other than "reffered" so i know what i need to repeat. said they'll email them "as soon as possible" on the notice but as i said earlier "asap" could mean anytime for dit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

so we dont actually get sent anything in the post?

what about checking our results online? I've been checking my DIT email every day, but havent received any mail since June or something like that.

Do they just post the results up on the notice board in the foyer area?

• Advertisement

Enda,

They were meant to be up online on the modelisation site 14th Sept "Noon" apparently, that never happened so there not up yet :P

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Enda89 wrote:
    so we dont actually get sent anything in the post?

it depends on the course, as i'm only doing one course (computer science) i can only talk for that course.

i've always got my results online or off the notice board.

Cremo wrote:
    it depends on the course, as i'm only doing one course (computer science) i can only talk for that course.

i've always got my results online or off the notice board.

actually just managed to bring up some DIT website there that had some details. It says the results for my course are out Tuesday and its the self service online thingy. So I can relax at least now. Was starting to panic when I heard nothing last Thursday/Friday.

Also, after you get your repeats, and assuming you passed..does the college usually just send you on your student ID and timetable in the post or do you go in and register?

EDIT: was talking to some guys in my course who passed all the exams. they said they have yet to receive any info in the post.

You know the way you can bring up the registration timetables on dit.ie though? well i did that. It says classes for my course begin tomorow with reg taking place the 25th (Monday week). Could that be right? seems v. strange that nobody really knows anything.

Was then trying to find a contact number for a course head but the ditsu.ie website is down it seems.

Well i got my results from the man himself, art sloan, over the phone (which prolly explains why they never got emailed out :P)

Just as i expected, have to repeat problem solving and programming but as an extra unpleasant surprise it turns out i have to repeat the continuous assessment part of maths which was just sum sh!tty little test we had during the semester worth 10% of the total marks, so even though i passed overall in the repeat, it turns out i now have to pass that test aswell, which quite frankly sucks

got my results anyway and passed the 2 I had to repeat. was ****in well chuffed :D went into the reg. office in aungier st. and they told me things were a bit hectic at the moment so I would probably get something in the post in the next 2 or 3 days with all my 2nd year info :P

• Advertisement

Enda89 wrote:
    got my results anyway and passed the 2 I had to repeat. was ****in well chuffed :D went into the reg. office in aungier st. and they told me things were a bit hectic at the moment so I would probably get something in the post in the next 2 or 3 days with all my 2nd year info :P
    There out now if anybody wants em btw, I didnt get a email about it but you can login to http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm and get em ;)

Good luck

Nick

Advertisement