Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Dog Bed

Options
  • 10-09-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I have a large dog who sleeps indoors and I'm broke buying beds. Does anybody know where I could get a bed that lasts, I saw on a website I thinks it was www.petsfunclub.ie and they have big wicker baskets.

Has anybody used these baskets before and do they last?

Thank you
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does the dog chew the bed, or are they just too small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

I cant comment on the wicker beds as ive never used them or at least my dog hasnt anyway but you cant go wrong with petsfunclub, ive bought a few things off them and they were top quality and quick delivery as well. I suppose your best bet is to ring/email and ask them direct.
    Id say as already stated it would be down to if your dog is a chewer or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Have a look at the coolaroo dog bed on www.abetterabode.com the material is removable so can be washed.
    I've seen one with nicer material but can't remember where.
    It's a sturdy bed with a five year guarantee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

My dogs sleep out in the garage but I have long ago given up giving them cushions etc as they seem to relish tearing them to bits.

Why not try a plastic tub dog bed and stick some tough material to it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

My dog's first bed was a really stylish wicker bed with soft tartan cushions and what not (only the best for the beloveth). The thing was after a few weeks in bits, well the base was still there, the bits made an interesting floor decoration :rolleyes:

Now I have one of these plastic beds with an old blanket in it which she chooses to pull out and arrange around the bed making herself comfortable on the floor.

But most of the time she prefers to sleep on the sofa in front of the fireplace or, ehm, well, right, on my bed ....:o

If you manage to get your dog to sleep in his own bed, buy some cheap plastic bed and put some old blankets and/or towels in it. The critters don't really mind as long as it's comfortable. Sometimes one or two old blankets without a bed are fine enough for them. They'll arrange it into a fine nest anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

wooden box with edges planed and sanded, rugs. old camping foam mat works well indoors as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yepp ...plastic tub (nice and springy base and just the right size to roll up in, so not too big) and some "vet bed" as cushion. very tough stuff, comfy and washable.

Advertisement