Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati Radeon 2900Pro on its way

Options
  • 10-09-2007 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

source

for about 250 euros , wonder if it will have same kind of performance as the normal 2900

Very Nice

HD 2900 Pro is a cut down HD 2900 XT. It´s to be launched before G92.
    HD 2950 Pro is a new redesign chip (RV670) with DX_10.1. It´s to be launched after G92.

Very good strategy by ATI. Have 2 design chips to fight G92. One before, and other after G92. it will certainly challenge nvidias market share in the mid to high range cpu's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1189/his_radeon_hd_2900_pro_512mb_early_test/index.html

Looks sweet, already avail off overclockers.co.uk for around €250

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Ordered mine today. Hopefully have it on Monday.

Dying to kick up FSX with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

You can also run these in crossfire with a 2900XT, CF papu? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Papu's house isn't big enough to dissipate 16 kilowatts of heat :(

• Advertisement

i know thats why i'm not letting you bring your gts over... :P

If I could be arsed I would find one of those 2900xt power consumption charts that I have shown you so many times before....

Not many of those charts are made because gigawatt power consumption meters are expensive :(

power comp doesnt mean heat , you had to drill holes in your case before you could get it to stop hitting 80?

Yes I had to add an extra 80mm fan to my system that only has 2 120mm fans to improve airflow...

And don't you do physics? Power consumption = heat... Unless Ati have invented a super conductor?

(no they merely designed a cooler that pushes the air OUT of your case)
    i like my feet warmer , end of story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

where is the best place and cheapest to buy the 2900??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sweet. Any other good sites selling it other then ocuk? works out at 240 euro ex. postage so seems like a good price for that performance. Was gonna get the XT but this might be just the trick. No overclocking in that review though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

What sort of power supply would be needed to run one of those? It looks very good bang for buck.

I plan on using my Corsair 520W.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

thats what i have as well a Corsair 520W and thats fine for it..

where is the best place and cheapest to buy the 2900??

www.hardwareversand.de
    Sweet. Any other good sites selling it other then ocuk? works out at 240 euro ex. postage so seems like a good price for that performance. Was gonna get the XT but this might be just the trick. No overclocking in that review though?

it seems to clock ok , it clocks to 2900xt speeds and above and its ddr3 XD
    What sort of power supply would be needed to run one of those? It looks very good bang for buck.

you'd want about 450+ psu with good 12v rails and 2X pcie power

As an aside, I noticed when ordering yesterday that OcUK are hitting us for 21% VAT now. When did this start? I seem to recall paying only the standard UK 17% rate before this.

Has Spie registered here or what?

as i say hardwareversand are good they charge german rates which is only 19 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I havent seen this type of ATI fanboyism since the 9800pro was released.

Simple matter is 8800gtx still wipes the floor with everything..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Actually if you want to be an nvidia fanboy at least get some of your spoof straight....8800 ultra is faster.

• Advertisement

Bigchrome wrote:
    Actually if you want to be an nvidia fanboy at least get some of your spoof straight....8800 ultra is faster.

:P = Humour

Stfu k?

ty

Advertisement