Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire

Options
  • 10-09-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about the fire which has been blazing for the past couple of hours?
    It appears to be in the Crown Factory or somewhere nearby, theres a good few fire tenders on the scene.
    Kippy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Well i don't know anything beyond the specifics, but as far as i know, it's a rapid oxidation process that releases energy in varying intensities in the form of light (with wavelengths also outside the visual spectrum) and heat and creates smoke. Other than that, no idea at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Razormac37

Thats just tooooo sarcastic!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

371590_fire_triangle.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Man he sure did get flamed in this thread,talk about getting burned.....oooh yes...pun intended..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

majiktripp wrote:
    pun intended..

Thanks for clearing that up :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Yep, they got the young lads who did it. Spoke to a friend of mine today & said they started it but not intentionally. They were caught though so let's hope justice will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks Gaeilgegrinds.
    The fire brigade are having a busy week, they were just down by Jurys at the Corrib. Looks like some one fell in the river. Hope they are okay.

The rest of you could be called Trolls but I daresay that wouldnt be taken too seriously.

Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

3 Lads pulled in for it and file sent to DPP. There was some smoke out of it.
    Thank God nobody was hurt. Well done Fire Fighters!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

a photo of the event !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya i was driving by on the bus that day could barely see the road and a few lines of hoses were across the road.

also....
    kippy wrote:
    ...........heres a good few fire tenders on the scene.
    Kippy

Who calls firefighters "Fire Tenders"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

a fire tender is the term used to refer to a fire truck not a fireman/firefighter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Fire is gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

a photo of the event !!
    Theres no chance you could make that image a bit bigger, could you?

Advertisement