Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend me a phone,price not important!

• 10-09-2007 6:23pm

Looking for recommendations on what phone should I get to replace my N93. I found it a great phone (when it worked as it was put together quite shodily I thought) and feature wise I would like a similar phone spec. I'm not interested in a N95 due to battery performance and would like to avoid Nokia due to poor aftersales experiences I have had.
    Are there any good multimedia phones out there with specs similar to the N93? A an open operating system which would allow me to install software would be great as well.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

have you thought of a PDA phone combo??

How about This?
    A HTC TyTN II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Looking for recommendations on what phone should I get to replace my N93. I found it a great phone (when it worked as it was put together quite shodily I thought) and feature wise I would like a similar phone spec. I'm not interested in a N95 due to battery performance and would like to avoid Nokia due to poor aftersales experiences I have had.
    Are there any good multimedia phones out there with specs similar to the N93? A an open operating system which would allow me to install software would be great as well.
    Thanks in advance

If your not interested in a nokia device you could try something like the HTC p3600 www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=139981
    Of all the HTC/XDA devices it's very well regarded.
    Pros:
    1) Windows mobile allows a lot of customisation/flexibility.
    2) One of the few devices that Combines HSDPA, wifi and GPS.
    3) Pleasing rounded appearance.
    4) Relatively compact and light- seems to be much the same size as the XDA Orbit and it's suited to one-handed use. Having said that it could benefit from a couple more millimetres being shaved off its thickness. (18mm IIRC).
    5) Good processor.

Cons:
    1) Inexplicably no official upgrade to WM6 in the pipeline whereas all its siblings (Orbit, Tytn, P4350, Touch AFAIK) are getting it.
    2) No WM6 apparently means no SDHC-compatibility ie mini-sd storage limited to 2gb (unless one uses an unofficial rom).
    3) No fm tuner. (No dvb-h receiver although only a couple of other devices have these).

No physical keyboard can be seen as either a pro or con.
    So basically this device is a keyboardless Tytn II (previous post) without OFFICIAL WM6/mini-sdhc compatibilty.
    (NON-OFFICIALLY it's potentially a keyboardless Tytn II).

Apart from Symbian and WM not really much else apart from the i-phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if it'll meet all your needs, and haven't compared it against the n93, but I'm waiting on the sony k850i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Nokia N95 (or N95 8GB) or Nokia E90....

Cheers for the suggestions guys. I was tempted by the Sony due to the camera being that bit more advanced however looks like it doesnt have WiFi which is a biggie for me.
    The HTC p3600 hits all the buttons until I look at the camera and as mkennedy pointed out no WM6!
    And the HTC TyTN II has only qvga or cif video recording!
    Looks like I may have to peg for another Nokia like the E90, damn Nokia for making such feature packed but ultimately flawed phones!

• Advertisement
Advertisement