Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desperately seeking advice on phone selection

• 10-09-2007 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Planning on getting a new phone and I am somewhat out of touch with what is the best option nowadays. Havent upgraded since I purchased a p900 years ago so I can stay with current operator or move to a new one at no cost depending on what phone is recommended.

Primary needs / must haves in addition to being able to make calls phone are as follows:

Push email option
    Synch with MS Office Outlook for calendar and contacts
    Facility to at least read email attachments (xls doc pdf)
    Either of full QWERTY keyboard or ability to use stylus on screen like my current phone
    Prefer to have bluetooth
    Size does matter (Current phone is almost like a Fischer Price)

Items which would be a plus but probably rarely used
    Camera/Video/Radio/MP3

Currently looking at the following and would appreciate any advice / better options:

Blackberry 8800appears to do what I need but kinda chunky

Orbit XDA
    sales person in o2 store told me that Blackberry software can be uploaded to manage push email solution and it synchs to outlook. need to know if this is true or even if it is a good choice. Keener price than Blackberry I think.

HP Ipaq
    have only managed to read a few reviews but not sure how it compares to the Blackberry 8800 or the Orbit XDA

LG Prada
    Looks like a nice slim unit no one anywhere could give me any information on email/stylus facility despite trying at least 4 or five stores. Will check further info online I guess.

Ruled out the Blackberry Pearl as the keyboard just wont work for me. Also ruled out the N95 based on low standby and talk time and the fact that I am not sure I would use all of the additional functionality.

Thoughts, input, advice or direction all greatly appreciated thanks :)

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Im also thinking of getting the xda orbit. I would use it for email as well as phone, anyone else here have one yet? comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

nokia e61i can do all you ask... Or the E90, though it may be a bit "fisher price" sizewise. You could also upgrade to the P1i..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

well got the orbit and love it. also got it to synch with my exchange 2003 mail server, so all sorted mail wise All you need in addition to phone is exchange server 2003, with service pack 2.

Advertisement