Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career change??

• 10-09-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right place for this post but we'll give it a bash!

my girlfriend is a qualified beautician for the last few years but shes been saying lately that shes just not into working in a salon anymore and would love to do something else(in the same field!), does anyone know what options she would have now with her current qualification? or perhaps a progression she could do to get a new type of job?

im a bit clueless when it comes to this stuff so if ive left something out just ask!

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

hi im a beautician and then i got into teaching beauty and massage therapy, i love being a beautician but got sick of working in a salon so this was the perfect job still get to do what u love. its a stressful job though and takes work to get in but once u get into there are loads of good paying jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

hey thanks for the reply,
    how would she go about getting into that? shes only finished college around 2 years so i assume shed need a lot more experience? i know she has a lot of courses done such as gel nails etc etc....

thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Well she could go back to the college she trained in and sometimes theyll train u to be a tutor u have to sit in on classes for months and then they might start letting you take classes yourself. You dont get paid though until you are trained.
    Alternatively she could get a diploma in training and education, and then get on to the examination boards such as ITEC or CIBTAC and they will tell her what elae she needs to do to become a registered tutor. I would recommend doing this way, because if she trains with the college she wouldnt be a registered tutor so she could ony teach in that college or similar.
    It can take awhile to get approved and it takes s lot of free working hours but there are jobs all over the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

thanks for the help lezizi,
    ill run it by her and see what she thinks,
    if anyone has any more ideas fire away too!

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hey,

I'd suggest that your gf contact FAS. i saw an ad the other day in the paper, i'll try and dig it out and have a look at it again. but it was to train to be a teacher. the salary was unreal!!! €45 grand upwards!! no joke!!! i'll try and find it again or alternatively if she contacts FAS herself.

I know of one person that did the teachers diplomas she'd only have to do another load of hours of case studies (that she would have done for her diplomas already) and whatever else they ask for!

• Advertisement
Advertisement