Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd Vista internet behaviour

• 10-09-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

I've noticed this strange behaviour with a Vista Home Ultimate (or whatever the thing is called!) setup over the last few weeks.

After I power up the PC the first 10 mins or so of internet activity (email, games, MSN whatever) are mind numbingly slow. Always lasts about 10 mins.

An iMac on the same network shown none of these problems.

I've searched lots for answers to this but have drawn a blank - nothing seems to help - very annoying.

Anyone come across anything similar?.

Thanks!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Very unusual, I think the best way of tracking down a clue as to the cause would be to check;
    * Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer
    * Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Reliability and Performance Monitor\Reliability Monitor

Check to see if any errors stand out related to networking sub systems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Sounds like network discovery

If you just have your machine and nothing else on the network is it that slow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Yeah happens when I'm only active machine - its only been a problem the last few weeks, the machine is now a few months old!.

I'll try checking the logs etc tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Ginger wrote:
    Sounds like network discovery

If you just have your machine and nothing else on the network is it that slow?
    I think so too. UPNP caused loads of problems like this in XP, including the timeglass in the taskbar several minutes are booting Windows. It runs as a service and can be disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Roxi D

i had the same probelm had to remove some of the addons on the task bars

try windows vista help it will get you around almost any probelm except for gaming but will help you with all internet and programming

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-SG/Help/c4cbf629-0d3a-4b23-9246-c9fa13c3f0b51033.mspx#EO

• Advertisement
Advertisement