Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 Bypass - Any Pics?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Huge work going on now out in Newrath and no doubt elsewhere. They've even stuck up some pillars just off the N9. It should all start to take shape and look less and less like random digging over the next year or so.

Question though: anyone got any pics of the work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I took a vid of the blasting out near the Old Kilmeaden road, must try get it up on the net at some stage.
    Don't hold your breath, I'm pretty lazy at these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Typhoon wrote:

Excellent! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

fricatus wrote:
    Excellent! Thanks!

its updated aleast once a week,nice pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

For those still interested, the following link may be of use

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/n25bypass/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Well lads,

just wondering does anyone have any updated pics of the progress so far.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

might try and get a few at the weekend. Do a search on here there's a few interesting links. The second roundabout in slieverue is open and work seems to be going well out there. The Port road is down to one lane as they're linking it up to the roundabout also.

Haven't been out to the bridge in a while. Good enough view from the Grannagh Business Park and tis a handy place to pull in and take a few snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

As an employee of Bam Dragados, I urge people not to come on site for your own Health and Safety and anyone not permitted or inducted on site will be removed immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mickdots wrote: »
    As an employee of Bam Dragados, I urge people not to come on site for your own Health and Safety and anyone not permitted or inducted on site will be removed immediately.

That's fine, but this bypass (and particularly the bridge) are a subject of massive interest to a lot of people. Have your employers ever thought of putting up a website about the project? I know the City Council have one - and it's quite good - but it's out of date by a few months. Besides, if my company was building such a magnificent structure, I'd want a webcam of it, or a time-delay video, on my website.

Or another idea: how about arranging public tours of the works, so that people can come and take photographs under supervision?

You may or may not be in a position to decide on such things, but I throw the ideas out there for what they're worth. Lastly though, let me say that you lot are doing a terrific job. I can't wait to drive on the finished product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

That's fine, but this bypass (and particularly the bridge) are a subject of massive interest to a lot of people
    Exactly, its a pity how things have changed. Alot of the new tarmac is invisible to most people. Until recently any new roads would be a great spot for a Sunday walk/cycle . Public open days would be a great idea . Surely now there are plenty of stretches of the bypass without any serious hazard to people walking etc

As an employee of Bam Dragados
    Have Ascon being taken over? When I saw all the Bam hoardings going up recently I was thinking has that Jackass guy taken over construction:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Exactly, its a pity how things have changed. Alot of the new tarmac is invisible to most people. Until recently any new roads would be a great spot for a Sunday walk/cycle . Public open days would be a great idea . Surely now there are plenty of stretches of the bypass without any serious hazard to people walking etc

Have Ascon being taken over? When I saw all the Bam hoardings going up recently I was thinking has that Jackass guy taken over construction:D

Read all about it here

http://www.bam.nl/baminternet/baminternet/portalen/koninklijkebam_en/Content/bamworld/BAM_World_Winter_2008.pdf

and here http://www.ascon.ie/live/index.html

fricatus wrote: »
    That's fine, but this bypass (and particularly the bridge) are a subject of massive interest to a lot of people. Have your employers ever thought of putting up a website about the project? I know the City Council have one - and it's quite good - but it's out of date by a few months. Besides, if my company was building such a magnificent structure, I'd want a webcam of it, or a time-delay video, on my website.

Or another idea: how about arranging public tours of the works, so that people can come and take photographs under supervision?

You may or may not be in a position to decide on such things, but I throw the ideas out there for what they're worth. Lastly though, let me say that you lot are doing a terrific job. I can't wait to drive on the finished product!

We are only the builders of the project, it would be upto the owners of the By Pass to supply that. Owners are CRG (Celtic Roads Group)

Again public tours are not upto us!! As the main contractors we would be totally against due to insurance and Health and Safety. Each person that works on our site works to the strictest health and safety conditions and has to go through a 2 hours safety induction before setting foot on site

All great ideas, I for one would be throwing them out myself if I wasn’t an employee. It’s a high risk job and our safety record speaks for itself.

We are only the builders of the project, it would be upto the owners of the By Pass to supply that. Owners are CRG (Celtic Roads Group)

...of which BAM, Dragados and NTR are equal partners

http://www.ntr.ie/dynamic/pdf/CRG-Signs-N25-Waterford-Bypass-Construction0-and-Toll-Collection-PPP-Contract.pdf

see above

Yes Ascon was taking over by BAM, bought a few years back but only recently changed name. i have a bit of history here about BAM, will post it up as soon as i get time

Bards wrote: »

replied to your private mail which should answer this

pictures in the article are about 6-8 weeks old. alot more progress done than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

A small but interesting fact in relation to the crane barge " Mersey Mammoth" that is due in the new year to assist in the completion of the Suir Bridge , is that the last time it was here ( Approx 10/12 Years ago ) it was used to take apart a bridge ( The missing span in the Red Iron ) !!

This should be an interesting sight a good photo oppertuntiy for all who are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

No Ascon are owned by a Dutch Multi National company called Royal BAM you'll recognise the green and gold in various different countries from ireland, UK, Holland, Africa etc. They just changed there name to BAM.

Edit: Just saw the other posts.

Time delayed video of Bridge Pylon Construction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7A1hBQDtQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Time delayed video of Bridge Pylon Construction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7A1hBQDtQ

Nice find. Weird to see the crane "wobbling" so much before the strut connecting it to the pylon was put in. Logically, I know it has to happen, it just isn't noticeable in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Couldn't give a proper look, as I was driving, but have they put Christmas lights on the top section of the bridge pylon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah god bless time lapse :D Some fair wobble on her alright. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cool vid :)

Mike

first of the cables installed today!!

Excellent news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Is it not the 2nd one today , there was just one up yesterday ? , Any idea when the Mersey Mammoth is def due ?

not for another couple of months, it actually wont be placing anything over water. it will be placing beams between a pier and abutment thats on dry land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

This was fairly unexpected.

Coming along well.

Advertisement