Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 Bypass - Any Pics?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A picture of the bridge from Mooncoin
    bridge.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Behind Kilmeaden near Wheelans Bridge 1

3524605999_dba522881c.jpg

Behind Kilmeaden near Wheelans Bridge 2

3524592203_9dda4db821_o.jpg

From overpass at Bawnfawn looking west

3525399752_51595b48c3.jpg

From Doonen looking east

3524592215_ed4e79b3d7_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Lads if anyone wants any specific areas of the bypass just drop me a PM, i'm usually out flooting around in the plane most days with the camera in my pocket. I've got some new shots of the bridge with the latest progress, i'll try get them up sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Some updated pictures on the Wateford City Council N25 Web site (at last) including aerial views of the entire route and some interesting close ups of a bridge deck section being constructed and cables being installed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I was wondering how exactly they did the cables. Didn't occur to me that they put up an empty sheath and then built the cable inside it, strand by strand.

• Advertisement

A few more taken East of the river between Granny and Slieverue

3558767189_85017f98c9_o.jpg

3558767181_060c8ab14e_o.jpg

3558767199_e48b76ea15_o.jpg

3558764117_922ddfafeb_o.jpg

3558764109_af3b2d8836_o.jpg

3558764111_ed1fd09299_o.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

According to the Munster it will be opening in September as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

By then, paying the toll and taking a trip across it will be my Sunday treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Some pics of bridge and toll booths taken last weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just a heads up.. The old N9 road which was closed for a while and you had to divert towards Limerick has now re-opened (and all those going in the Limerick direction have to travel the N9 briefly and head up towards the new roundabouts).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Got a couple today on it, wasn't able to get too many as I got fired off the site by security. Larger sizes and a couple more available by clicking the pic.

3622625772_c08278543c.jpg

3622612086_796b81733d.jpg

Naughty! Prolly should go on a Sunday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Roen, not seen you around in awhile, welcome back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cabaal wrote: »
    Roen, not seen you around in awhile, welcome back :)

Thanks Cabaal,

I pretty much have tried to give up on Boards. It's an awful time vampire if you let it. I still pop by every now and again but try not post though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Roen wrote: »
    Got a couple today on it, wasn't able to get too many as I got fired off the site by security. Larger sizes and a couple more available by clicking the pic.

How did ya get down that far? Tried cycling from the old kilmeaden road entrance but half way up security came

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Security has been beefed up on all areas of the bypass but I managed to get this lot of photos today before being told to "go home". It's sad to see graffiti already appearing on overpasses and the concrete crash barriers. Sorry about the quality, the sun was directly above the bridge.

Looks like both sides of the bridge are not going to meet perfectly vertically and that the cables on the southern main deck will need to be pulled to lift up the road to meet the north side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

First 3 photos below are taken near the Manor Court

Love that first pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Jobs, tolls, pics and more
    www.southlink.ie

Some Excellent aerial shots of Grannagh Junction, Inc New Cable Stay Bridge and M9 Motorway courtesy of Munurty over in Infrastructure

http://www.flickr.com/photos/munurty/se ... 062068401/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

Sully wrote: »
    Nowhere near as good but myself and another lad went from B&Q entrance all the way out to the bridge where we got stopped by security! Took lots of photos but see below for some of the more interesting ones! Ill upload more onto Pix and link it in a bit.

did ye get any pics of the security man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has there been an opening date given for the N25 as of yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

mfitzy wrote: »
    Has there been an opening date given for the N25 as of yet??

Should be before christmas.....that's the best I could get out of one of the site engineers recently whom I met on a night out.....maybe he was after one too many but he made a joke of the talk of September 21st and the hot air balloon event etc.....:(

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Should be before christmas.....that's the best I could get out of one of the site engineers recently whom I met on a night out.....maybe he was after one too many but he made a joke of the talk of September 21st and the hot air balloon event etc.....:(

Week begining Sept 21st is what I am hearing too and reading in the press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Thanks for uploading the recent photos, particularly of the roads at the north side of the bridge. Now I can make sense of where all the different roads and fly-overs lead to, Just driving by all the works, it is hard to get a complete picture of it.

Right well myself and stick-dan started at Grannagh and then headed to Mulinavat. Our plan is to go as far as Carlow at least over the next week or so. We were not allowed down to the bridge, security said they were working on it. See them all here: http://pix.ie/sully/album/354601

FC573B7745034CE1A636B8A4B894FB69-500.jpg
    The new min-bridge that goes over the old Waterford to Limerick Road.

C67171AA54C54417BAB918C3C0BC9E3F-500.jpg
    Just beyond the bridge to the new roundabout.

621B7CA8116748369547C303B0193C33-500.jpg
    New roundabout

1E969B47C9A24E53A0B5ACFF68FFEF60-500.jpg
    Towards Waterford

1E2D280B5A764438881C3908DCBFFA9E-500.jpg
    On that Limerick Road, just in a little garden the above photo was taken of the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

As kev said we headed out for a little venture. i spotted this vantage point on a little garden at a disused house on the limerick road and took advantage of it. Got to make a quick stitch of a few photos for a pano i took of a bridge, it's the only one i looked at. will post any interesting ones i find later. the 1 mile stretch back towards carlow from the general mullinavat area is surprisingly underdeveloped and its a seriously marshy area. Within a 400m section that we traversed in one section there was 2 contantly woring generators working to pump out all the surface water. Seem like this small section needs a lot of development. They've even curved the new raod around the flooding it's so bad.

1E211C41FC244A3287962466ED4E1461-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have some pictures taken in the air from a helicopter that I'll try get up by the end of the day. Cameras batteries are shot though!

Advertisement