Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision Books

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which ones do people think are best? There are a load of them, Revise Wise, Less Stress More Success, etc. Its hard to know which ones are better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Well a lot of it is subject dependent. Par exemple, ReviseWise for Chemistry is by far the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Wikipedia and boards.ie.

At this stage, whether in 5th or 6th year, you have plenty of time to make your own notes and to use the above two resources to understand a concept you have difficulty with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gizz

Revise Wise are by far better...they were only brought out new last year and have the most up to date information. It is also properly condensed like revision books should be....Less Stress still has loads of waffle which isn't needed for the exam and bar their bright shiny cover they don't have much to offer.

The idea of a revision book is to cut out the waffle and tell you what you need to know...Revise Wise is the best for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

revise wise for geog is amazing! got an a in the mock n i hadnt done a tap of work...read through the main topics in revise wise the night before!rapid revision of chemistry is really good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Revise Wise for Irish (honours) is amazing. But, I've not had the pleasure (:)) of using any other revision books to compare. The Less Stress, More Success versino has a list of the verbal nouns (something I so dearly need).

Revise Wise is very well compiled for Biology also.

I have Less Stress, More Success for Geography, and to be honest, it's useless. Very chunky (has all the electives but still..), so I wouldn't reccommend that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

Essential Revision Guide for Maths (Folens) is very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

all the rapid revision books are excellent and are by far the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Rapid Revision for Accounting is very very good, you could almost use it as a text book really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Rapid Revision and Shortcuts to success are the best for French especially the verbs one

Revise Wise for Busines

Less Stress More Sucess for Art History is essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

BULLER wrote: »
    Well a lot of it is subject dependent. Par exemple, ReviseWise for Chemistry is by far the best...

I prefer rapid revision for chem...i have revise wise but I feel rapid revision definetly has the upper hand!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

these I treasure....

bio - revise-wise
    chem - rapid revision
    eng - English key notes...amazing
    french - shortcuts to success

4 different companies...a bit of trial nd error is required:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

It definitely depends on the subject. In general though I think Less Stress are the least helpful. Definitely too much waffle...
    Shortcuts to Success have a good French one and one for writing Irish Essays.
    The Revise Wise Irish, French and Maths are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

I have Irish OL, English HL, History HL, Business HL and I have seen Maths OL for Revise Wise. In my opinion, they are great revision books and have really helped me. The oral work in the Irish is very helpful. I have been looking at it the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I have been using the "Leaving Cert Higher Maths Solutions" book, its the best maths book in my opinion at the moment :D
    The recent one has 2007-1997 solutions, plus the commentary to each qs, which is both entertaining and educational.. i mean who knew that departament had made a mistake in 1996 trig qs :D they had a triangle 184'24 :D
    plus there are theorems and other helpfull information : )

Aww.. me very happy with that book now, there is one for ordinary lvl too btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Yuugib wrote: »
    I have been using the "Leaving Cert Higher Maths Solutions" book, its the best maths book in my opinion at the moment :D
    The recent one has 2007-1997 solutions, plus the commentary to each qs, which is both entertaining and educational.. i mean who knew that departament had made a mistake in 1996 trig qs :D they had a triangle 184'24 :D

Aww.. me very happy with that book now, there is one for ordinary lvl too btw :)

The one off leavingcertsolutions.com? I've got that too, it's handy alright. But the ring binder things are always coming apart on me!

I know i hate them too :( well.. at somestage maybe they will get more funds and make something more decent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Less Stress for German and Art History! It's a prescribed book for art in my school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

Amazing, you guys want to pay for your falling apart ringbinders. I just download it for free: http://studentxpress.ie/papers.htm

see .. some ppl just too lazy to print them out :D its damn lots of paper work.. might not even be worth it by the end of the day )

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rich89

Less Stress More Success Physics is useless, its the same as the book of the people who wrote it! (Who happens to be my principal)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Anyone know which is the best for Business?

I have revise wise for business.. its kind of nice, everything in short points. The less stress has too much "wafle" imho..
    I've decided to give up on revision books in business and learn from the actual book :D aw.. and i also have the "question of business" which is quit usefull when it comes to answering long qs, have a look through that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Thanks!

I've ordered Revise Wise since our actual textbook "Global Business" is an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

business, my school book is good euff .. the shortcut one is uselesss!!
    um Maths, less stress def..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Less Stress More Success Accounting is useless.....
    Anyone know any good Accounting books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

plus there are theorems and other helpfull information

Just got it in the post!:D

thats sounds good ..aw i want to see the inside of it ><

blue-army wrote: »
    Less Stress More Success Accounting is useless.....
    Anyone know any good Accounting books?

i happen to have the same book too, and i strongly agree!!!
    i heard there is this rapid revison?? i might try that next year...

hm... had a little visit to easons this weekend, found a very nice book for business - " Coming to Terms with Business", this is basicly the dictionary for all the business terms in the books and even a lil bit more :) The layout is quite good as well. There was also a smaller version of that book, well not exactly of that book.. but it had lots of definitions explained. So me will definitely recomend one of those :D
    aw and btw had a look at the rapid revision business.. looks quite nice! The layout is nice as well..

About accounting - the rapid revision is the best one out there :) i m using it since 5th year instead of the book tbh :D There is a new revised edition is out now, which just packed with even more qs, so again - will recommend :)

Aw and as well as that saw the maths solutions book in easons as well for ordinary and higher :( but it didnt have a price tag on it :( argh..

lolz as you all can see i have a lil obsession with the revision books out there :D

• Advertisement

lolz as you all can see i have a lil obsession with the revision books out there :D

haha, you are so cute :p

Advertisement