Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision Books

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RSHC

~Candy~ wrote: »
    haha, you are so cute :p

Aww!! i see a budding romance here! Aneways ye i find the revise wise books cut the waffle and illustrate everything clearly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

RSHC wrote: »
    Aww!! i see a budding romance here! Aneways ye i find the revise wise books cut the waffle and illustrate everything clearly!!

Girl and girl action? Em.. i dont know if i m ready tbh... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

RSHC wrote: »

what....O_o......

i am jst saying......lyk

rofl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

for business i think rapid revision is the best. shortcuts is just useless.
    for german less stress
    for maths i think shortcuts is very good
    for geog i actually prefer less stress to rapid revision but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i have less stress history and its ok i guess for a quick look over, anyone recommend any others?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My Irish teacher made us get Shortcuts to Success: An Aiste last year.
    Let me put it this way... does anyone want a completely untainted copy of that book? I may have opened it twice ever, and that was only for the Stair na Gaeilge section. The advice they gave on the essay rubbed me entirely the wrong way; "Structure every paragraph using this formula: snappy line, something relevant, WAFFLE WAFFLE, seanfhocal". The examples, while containing some useful phrases perhaps, came out sounding extremely... surprisingly enough, formulaic!
    It might be the kind of thing that works for people who simply want to learn everything off and not actually put any original thought into their essays... but what I liked about Irish was the topical essays/debating etc, so I didn't want to approach them so mindlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Cost Boy!! wrote: »
    all the rapid revision books are excellent and are by far the best.

+1
    I have to agree I think they are amazing, especially the one for higher LC maths. The A4 size is a really good idea.

I am not impressed by the ReviseWise collection. I have the Irish one (Higher Level) and I think it is just as complicated as the text book to understand. It is the same info, really, as the textbook (I tink its same company) so its pretty useless.

As regards Less Stress More Success, just don't get me started on them. I think they are the worst revision books ever. But theyy are really popular because of their catchy name!

Advertisement