Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picnic Basket

• 10-09-2007 7:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Anyone know where to get a picnic basket? Argos doesnt seem to have them!

Any suggestions appreciated. Need it for this weekend!

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

try guineys or debenhams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

picnic basket eh!!! why not just throw load of stuff into a back pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Why am I getting images of Yogi Bear?

Seriously though, I think you'd have a hard time finding one a this time of the year, but I suppose Dunnes might be worth a shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Dunnes...Maybe woodies? Or Homebase?

Romantic evening in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

Should you find yourself near an Avoca store, they sell them. I'd say they charge handsomely for them as well though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers for the suggestions lads - ill try those today. I dont think I even spotted any around the town in general this summer (or winter, whatever we call it now!)

Fajitas!; Ya iv been planning on doing it for ages but iv been so busy. Iv just decide to set a day and turn of the phone!
    JMcL wrote:
    Should you find yourself near an Avoca store, they sell them. I'd say they charge handsomely for them as well though.

Where abouts is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

Sully wrote:
    Where abouts is this?

None in Waterford unfortunately. You'd want your picnic basket pretty badly to make a journey specially, but if you should find yourself in Dublin, there're big ones in Kilmacanogue (on the N11 on the left northbound before Bray, where the speed limits go up and down at random so the Guards can earn a crust), and beside Citywest on the N7 (on the left as you're leaving Dublin). There's also one in Dublin city centre (Suffolk St I think). There might be one in or around Cork as well, basically if there's anyplace large coachloads of tourists can be dropped off to lighten their wallets a bit, there's probably an Avoca store!

It's all handmade irish stuff...the yanks love it....there is one in kerry as well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ec18 wrote:
    It's all handmade irish stuff...the yanks love it....there is one in kerry as well

We have something like that in Waterford.. down on the Quay.. small little shop at the entrance to Georges Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kizzie

Heatons have picnic baskets

• Advertisement

Sully wrote:
    Fajitas!; Ya iv been planning on doing it for ages but iv been so busy. Iv just decide to set a day and turn of the phone!

Up to Woodstock with you! Or JFK!

Sully wrote:
    We have something like that in Waterford.. down on the Quay.. small little shop at the entrance to Georges Court?

Yeah i think its called Aisling...very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

Or johnstown castle...or hook head

Aye, it is called Aisling, and aye, it is very expensive!

Hookhead can be very miserable :(

Lismore is lovely on a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

Hook head...no way man..only when the weather is bad...and in fainess you wouldn't be goin picnicin in bad weather

I've often went to hook when its bad weather...you'l see SERIOUSLY big waves down there

Yeah Lismore would be nice too...you could take in Mellary, the Vee, ballysaggartmore towers, Dromana gate the list is endless

Interesting suggestions lads, ill consider them. I didnt really want to be travelling to far so I was thinking heading out to bunmahon or that direction and sit on the beach. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Bonmahon is usually crowded, if you go up the hill on the far left of the beach and up the cliffs theres a few nice overcrops to sit on with a nice view of the sea, if its windy though the breeze is terrible up there.

Coumshinaun (sp?) / Kennedy Park / Cappoquinn (Theres some very nice forest walks down that way) would be my choices.

Sully wrote:

Iv just decide to set a day and turn of the phone!

Really turn off the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Try routing around your attic or your garage. I'm sure that you'll be able to find one there that parents would only be too glad to share it's story :)

Sully being the end result of said story.

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote:
    Really turn off the phone?

All work calls will diver to Niall ;)

Sully wrote:
    All work calls will diver to Niall ;)

hehehehe does he know?

ec18 wrote:
    hehehehe does he know?

Twill be worth the surprise. ;)

think i'll make a couple of buisness calls myself that day :P:D

Went to Lismore, nice day for it to. We arrived at the Lismore Gardens but twas to late to stay for long so went off to the park! After that, we took a spin around the town and watched the end of a wedding before driving to the Mahon Falls which were all dried up!!

Twas a great day :) thanks for the help and the suggestions, Lismore is a lovely town!

Advertisement