Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Pads

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Noticed that my breakpads having started squealing so need to get em changed sharpish. Any idea how much this will cost, and how long it takes. Its an 04 Accord.

Cheers all

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Are they squealing or grinding? If they are grinding you could be looking at new discs too - more expense. If they are only squealing then it could be as simple as applying some copper grease to the back of the pads.

I would have thought that an 04 Accord would have a brake pad warning indicator like this
    060320_WarningLightsPR_3_small.jpg
    But usually this light is yellow.

If you do need pads I reckon it will cost from around €150 and up depending on where you get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

no warning light as far as i can see. its squealing, from one wheel in particular. when i was gettin a tyre replaced yesterday, guy took a look and said the inside break pad was worn completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

no warning light as far as i can see. its squealing, from one wheel in particular. when i was gettin a tyre replaced yesterday, guy took a look and said the inside break pad was worn completly.

if you have alloys u should be able to see the pad.. i can see my front ones but not my back ones they need changing.. hope it doesnt cost 150

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not a fan of tyre fitters opinions - I've had lots of 'bad calls' from these guys. However, you can't really ignore it but do get a second opinion. If a pad was worn completely you would, most likely, hear a grind rather than a squeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

gonna get it checked by my cousin wed who is a mechanic, see what the storey is. thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

About 30 euro for the set of pads. Add whatever you want onto that for labour depending on where you get it done. Tho it's only a 20 minute job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

About 20 minutes per wheel usually does it for me if all goes as planned. So at a guess I would say a mechanic might charge you €50 labour and €50 for parts.

Advertisement