Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to DIT, Aungier St. Nervous. O.O

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Yeah. So definitely nervous as hell seeing as I don't know anyone going.
    Eeeep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

I went today its great.. you get to know everyone really quickly... most people know no one so theres no worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 x_tinks

Thanks a million.
    Looking forward to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dr Lektroluv

Relax, you're actually better off in your position cos you get to know more people. There's these 2 guys in my class who knew each other in school before they came to college, and they are joined at the hip, don't talk to anyone else. Whereas people like yourself who don't know anyone will be more open and get in with groups of other people in the same situation. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 x_tinks

Yeah. You're definitely right.
    Thanks a million.
    Will just talk to a good lot of people and have a laugh I suppose.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Think about it. In a week you'll probably have a bunch of mates in there. You just need to get to know them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

I went to D.I.T. Aungier St some years ago (1997 was when I started!!). Anyway, like yourself, I didn't know anyone and was a bit nervous before headin' in but sure I was only at the steps before I started yappin' to people (who turned out to be in my class and also good mates!). Best not to know anyone beforehand if ya ask me, just like the previous post. You'll have a ball; it's a good college!!! Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

I'm starting there tomorrow too, been wandering around dub the last two days so I don't get lost later on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

remember that this isn't like any other social situation where you're on your own. here, you already have a common interest with everyone else... so the natural thing is to start from there.

...or just do the ole "god that lecturer was a clown" to someone and away ya go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

At least you will be going into a class where no one know each other. I'm going into the 2nd year of a course knowing no one and everyone else will already be in their groups :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ciaran500 wrote:
    At least you will be going into a class where no one know each other. I'm going into the 2nd year of a course knowing no one and everyone else will already be in their groups :/

Chances are your not the only.

When I was in second year about 10 if not more people came in from different courses.

Most of them settled in grand, and one of them even managed to make their way around the class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement