Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iQon laptop query

• 10-09-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is there no driver download section on IQon's website?. Am away at the moment so have not got the driver cd's with me and need to reinstall a few things like wireless nic. My model(LM1W) is the one Tesco where doing about 6-7months ago. Anyone know of anywhere else I could D/l the file or even know what wireless nic is in this model?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you could try drivers from www.everex.com support pages as mentioned on the post linked below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53165604&postcount=9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers for that Eolhc, do you have any problem with boards search engine because when I do it I never get results

Thanks again

Unfortunitly they dont seem to list my one. Does anyone know why IQon dont have drives on their website. Even if I had the driver cd how do you go about updating drivers ie Bios etc

cubix wrote:
    Unfortunitly they dont seem to list my one. Does anyone know why IQon dont have drives on their website. Even if I had the driver cd how do you go about updating drivers ie Bios etc

Unless there was a serious problem the company probably would never provide a bios update. Bad support when companies don't provide drivers on there site.

if you havn't already you should try the drivers for this model. Or one of the similar speced laptops on their site.
    http://www.everex.com/support/lm7we/lm7we-downloads/lm7we-downloads.htm

and it was google that gave the search result at boards.ie, seems iqon are just rebadged everex

Thanks Eolhc but did not work.
    Just a bit of an update. Had to wait until I got back home to get my original drivers disc to install drivers because when I rang IQon tech support and got through was told they would have to get someone to ring me. So I presume they tender out the support for laptops, and it could be anywhere between 24/48hrs. So when I asked him what happens when the tech guy rings and I am not be side the laptop, not sure was the answer. Cant complain to much as I got it in one of those tesco deals, where you get money back vouchers so i think it worked out at €300. But at normal price I think your far better off going for a dell as I am sure the kit/build quality is better and I am sure you would not be waiting 24/48hrs for someone to ring you back.

Still in a bit of a bind because I cannot get the wireless nic to work on the laptop. Driver is installed and no conflict/problem in Device manager and connect with other wireless laptops to the same router/modem. I am thinking I know what the problem is but not sure how to fix it. In device manager there is a PCI device coming up and I know the wireless card is a mini pci one but when I try the driver it makes no difference. On this laptop to get wireless you need to physically press the wireless button just above the keypad under the screen. When I do this nothing happens ie: I don't get the little icon I normally do. So I am presuming the PCI device in device manager and this are linked. I have tried all the drivers that came on the cd without luck. IF anyone else has one of these IQON laptops (model LM1W) and knows what the pci might be can you let me know

Also can anyone tell me what that "1394 net adapter" is in the pic as It is also futher up in device manager, i thought 1394 was firewire and if so why would it need to be in network connections and need a IP address

Thanks

• Advertisement

the 1394 would be firewire, maybe theres network over firewire, i wouldn't really worry about that, i think i've seen that on pc's before

You do however have intel pro wireless listed, which is the wifi card, very common wifi card, so wifi should work

On the intel site you'll find updated drivers for this wifi card

Not sure what the pci device could be, you could try right click on it, go into properties, then goto details, select "hardware id's" in the property section you should get a value like this
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_0C3D105B&REV_10
    if you then do a google search for the device id: eg "dev 8139", you might get some details

Advertisement