Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Tang Noodle House

Options
  • 10-09-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for info: Does Da Tang do take away (delivery)? Is it any good? Expensive? Just wanna save myself having to walk all the way down there to find out! :D
    Cheers,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I've eaten there once ... and have to admit I wasn't that impressed ... it was a sunday I think so maybe it was their off day ...

I'd much prefer wagamama's any day of the week ... still I may give them a try again at some stage ...

I'm not sure if they deliver ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Don't think they deliver, but I think the food is wicked in there. Definitely not your usual chinese/asian fare, but if you're up for something different I'd recommend it. Decent value for money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ppl should try pantai out in salthill, its feckin savage!!
    , from what iv heard that noodle place is very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Looking for info: Does Da Tang do take away (delivery)? Is it any good? Expensive? Just wanna save myself having to walk all the way down there to find out! :D
    Cheers,
    J
    Its crap, everything they cook tastes like greasy soup. Probably because that is the primary ingredient. Pantai is pretty good though.

skelliser wrote:
    , from what iv heard that noodle place is very poor

I'd always heard people raving about the noodle house so I went in with semi high expectations ... getting used throw away chopsticks ... was the first indication that things would be interesting ...

the food was nice ... but nothing great ... it wasn't that expensive ... and the saki ... was saki ... but to be honest ... I was pretty much disappointed by the place as I've already said ...

I was in Wagamama's when I was in London a fair few times ... and it was NICE hence I ate there a fair few times ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pantai in Salthill is definetly good, but I do admit a fondness for the Chicken Black Bean sauce from Da Tang. The ginger and scallion sauce is also very good Dunno why anyone would call it crap.

Never gotten used chopsticks in there, I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Theres a wagamama in Galway???

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No

Btw, I like Da Tang. Mind only been a few times but always left happy.

louisecm wrote:
    Theres a wagamama in Galway???

no sorry .. only dublin .. and cork ? ... but I've got the cookbook and dvd :D

Advertisement