Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another noob question

• 10-09-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

I recently purchaced a jg g36c from eirsoft.ie and am very happy with it but alas the battery finaly died. so i was wonderin what the charge time is.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

did you charge it at all? is this the first charge? did it have a charge out of the box? and when you say dead. is it just flat, and you haven't charged it for the second time yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Forgive me for laughing if you didnt charge it at all :P

All batteries come with a small charge in them. Im not sure of the charge time on most batteries as i use a speed charger (i know i know they shorten the life but increase the fun!)

What voltage and Mah is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/downloads/arnies_batt_calc.zip

pop the mah values from the battery and charger into that ^^^ and itll tell you how long to charge for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

thx acordin to the batt calculator i need to charge for 4 - 5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

Does under/overcharging effect battery life, or is it a fire hazard? (lets just say Ive had bad experiences with poor standard batteries) Also, do most people use multiple batteries for skirmishes? Obviously it depends how gung-ho you are, but on average, would a stock battery last about half the day or more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

as you say, it depends on how trigger happy you are, but also other factors, with my p90 a single charge will last at least one day, i reckon i could even get two days out of it, that's with a 1 Joule spring, stock motor and an upgraded sanyo 9.6v battery (cant remember the mah)

my mp5, which is a fully upgraded gearbox, 1 joule spring and systema turbo motor, lasts approx half a day with a 9.6v firefox battery (2400mah i think??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Any recommendations on what's a decent battery charger and where
    to purchase - either online (apart from e-bay) or in Dublin.
    Ideally something that will discharge before charging. Something that
    indicates when fully charged too would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

bewildered wrote:
    Does under/overcharging effect battery life, or is it a fire hazard?

Memory affect afaik. I don't think Li-ion batteries suffer from it but they may, I'm no expert on battery technology. As for heat, the more slowly charge the battery the less ehat will be generated and the longer the battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Well if you over charge any battery the cells can rupture, sometimes quite violently. First stage after excess heat will be blistering of the packs skin and plastic pealing. Second stage the battery may start pi**ing gas. Third stage could be an explosion/violent bursting of the cells and throwing their acid contents everywhere. This happened to a guy on Arnie's, when it started belching gas he threw the battery out the front door, 10-15 seconds later bang! the cells went.

Clone AEG batteries are more prone to failing like this if you speed charge because of the cheaper construction. This is worst case scenario though, no need to get paranoid about it ;) As long as you don't leave a charging battery unattended you'll be able to catch it when and if it reaches the overheating stage. I speed charge my 1200 mAh Intelect batteries to 1150 mAh and they never get more then a bit warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    I speed charge my 1200 mAh Intelect batteries to 1150 mAh and they never get more then a bit warm.

or you could get an auto-cutoff charger. I've never had a bother with my batteries although I don't think they're on speed charge as it takes a couple of hours to give a full charge.

Intellect 1200 mAh and 1400 maH 8.4 mini batteries. I'll have a 3700 mAh 9.6 beastie to try out soon too

• Advertisement
Advertisement