Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert construction studies

Options
  • 10-09-2007 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey! I ive just started 5th year and have chosen my subjects. I picked construction studies as I am interested in the whole architectural side of things. As I have not done this subject for the junior cert im a bit worried bout de project and the practical examination?? any advise as to should I stay in the class?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i didnt do construction, i wanted to, but it was either that or physics and chem (i know, i am a nerd!) and also 90% of the lads in the class were the "ON THE SHED! ON THE SHED! ON THE SHED!" type!
    I knew a few people that did construction, there is a lot of theory and drawing involved. If you didnt do tec drawing for the jc, it would be very hard. For your main project as far as i know, you can make what ever you want, so if you make somthing that isnt to hard to make, but has a good design and looks good you should be ok. I would be worried about the practicle though!

tba all the joints yo learn to make for the jc could be learned in a week. they do require a lot of practice to get the sawing etc... perfect

Advertisement