Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Galway City, advice please

Options
  • 10-09-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not up to date on what isp's are good. I have Eircom dsl and am happy but my brother has just moved to Galway City and needs broadband with out a phone line. Could someone recommend a wireless isp. He in a flat very near the centre of the city. He isn't a gamer and don't download more then 10 gb a month. So a fairly basic package is all that's needed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hope it's ok to bump this, still looking. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

flats in city centre may have prob. with erection of ariel for wireless b/b.
    may need to go smart cable or ntl cable. ntl most prolific provider when I had to get accom. in Galway as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Anyone know if Ripwave is decent in Galway? I noticed loads of stores selling it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try maybe them airwire guys or digiweb metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hey Conal hows things. :)

I would also like to know if ripwave is any good. He only needs it for browsing and streaming video(youtube).
    He is in rented accommodation and I think digiweb put something on the roof so he might not be allowed to have that installed.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, for browsing it should be more then fine - I am curious about the latency mainly as I was hoping to game off it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

you deffo cant game off ripwave maybe wow tho

told about NTL broadband and I know we have NTL in the apartment so am seeing if I can get it taged on to the line

Advertisement