Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIV & dealing with

• 10-09-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Kinda panicked. Have to get bloods checked after a recurring infection. I'm not high risk group but I've slept with 3 women unprotected in the last 4-5 years. (1 in past 3 years)I'm scared of HIV & I'd imagine it'll be covered by the tests.

Anyone have the condition? I don't know who I'd tell or how I'd function in the initially. Are meds expensive? Too scared to look up symptoms.

I have some diabetes symptoms which I'd consider a bargain right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, don't get too worked up over it at the moment. It'll only cause you stress that you don't need.

Just go to the doc and found out what the story is. It's the only way to know for sure - the recurring infection could be from anything, and blood checks are needed for everything and anything.

Looking up symptoms when you think you're already sick can lead to you thinking you have a lot worse than you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Scaredguy wrote:
    I've slept with 3 women unprotected in the last 4-5 years. (1 in past 3 years)

It's so amazingly unlikely you are HIV+ that I would not be stressing.

When your blood tests come back negative, let us know.

Don't believe me? Answer this question: how many non-drug injecting, heterosexual men have you ever heard of who are HIV+?

Don't freak yourself by looking up symptoms and researching drugs until you get your test results back.

Advertisement