Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag science

Options
  • 10-09-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I know its in the title, but i need to be 100% sure if its counted as a science subject, like biology, in most colleges?
    Would it also be counted as a science subject abroad in other colleges like Britain?

-edit sorry the title makes it look like the other thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I don't know about Britain but for most places in Ireland it's regarded as a proper science subject. You should check out the prospectuses, they'll say whether it's accepted or not.

One thing that's important to think about though:

Sometimes it's not okay to have Agscience AND Biology. I think Trinity doesn't accept a combination of Agscience and Biology. Agscience and physics or Biology and cheminstry etc. are fine but sometimes those two aren't accepted on their own. This isn't for points purposes or anything it's for special entry requirements.

Te best thing to do is check out the prospectuses and courses you're interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

And would you be able to use ag science as a subject to get into something like medicine or radiology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I checked the prospectuses for medicine:
    It's accepted in NUIG
    In Trinity too but I think it can't be presented with Biology, I think(you have to present 2 science subjects for Trinity)
    It's not accepted as a science in the Royal College of Surgeons
    It's not accepted for UCC
    I'm not sure about UCD

You should check it all out though because this is all according to qualifax.ie. You'll find out in prospectuses and talk to your career guidance teacher just to be sure.

Advertisement