Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much to replace coil springs in my car?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

My car failed the NCT today:( due to the front coil springs being beyond their useful life (Shagged) Can any of you guys tell me how much of a job it is to replace them. I know they will cost €60 each. But how long will it take the mechanic to do the job and how much is it likely to cost me. The car is a 2001 Mercedes E270 Cdi (older model)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got one for an A class a couple of years back and the tyre place up near the square over by the colleg in Tallagth fitted it for €40 or €50. got the part from GSF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Is it the spring or the shock that's gone?

If it's the spring, you may aswell replace the shock while you're at it, shocks are consumables and need changing, may aswell do the lot at once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

JohnCleary wrote:
    Is it the spring or the shock that's gone?
    Its the spring. I would say the shocks are OK as the car is driving fine. I have changed shocks before I just never had to replace springs.

Advertisement