Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Radio to listen to during work???

• 10-09-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

What do you enjoy listening to the most during work hours?

IMO it has to be the Ray Foley Show, why can't is last longer than 150 minutes!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Phantom FM or Newstalk.

Vive la difference!

Every other station sounds the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

What do you enjoy listening to the most during work hours?

IMO it has to be the Ray Foley Show, why can't is last longer than 150 minutes!!!

ray foley is a pompus ass sh*thead can't stand him.. him and his muppet mate jp.. nikki hayes is much easier to listen to even though she's a bit stupid too.

cd's if in car, or some local radio stations haven good shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nikki Hayes = shi*e music and a moron. She's got a vast vacant space where her brain should be.

Ray Foley is as down-to-earth as they come.

I normally listen to either Gerry Ryan or Ray D'Arcy in the morning - sometimes neither. And Ray Foley from midday to 2.30. And then catch up on my podcasts (NobodyLikesOnions ftw!) for the rest of the work-day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ray Foley - Just a bit of fun for your lunch time! How about he fooks off for my lunch time! When he started first I used to enjoy the show but now I turn off the radio when he is on. I have to agree with patrickc2006 that Mr Foley is only a pompus git!

I listen to Ray Darc'y as I have no choice as it played all over the building. He can too be tiresome but the other Ray is by far the most annoying dj on the airwaves

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I mainly listen to phantom fm via their online stream. When that's down I put on Lyric instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Today FM is left on all the radio stations in my job. I like Ray Foley so i don't mind that much. When i have my zen with me, i put either Today FM or Newstalk on. Anything but Phantom, that radio station everyone likes because it's "loike cool and trendy". Well lads when you stop caring about other people may percieve you, you'll realise it's total sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Anto McC wrote:
    Today FM is left on all the radio stations in my job. I like Ray Foley so i don't mind that much. When i have my zen with me, i put either Today FM or Newstalk on. Anything but Phantom, that radio station everyone likes because it's "loike cool and trendy". Well lads when you stop caring about other people may percieve you, you'll realise it's total sh*te.

Miaaaow! Definitely no chip on your shoulder then. You should tune in, I promise to play you a request. Seriously though, to each their own. No need to be quite so judgemental of other peoples tastes though.

Simon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Anto McC wrote:

It wasnt so cool and trendy when its supporters where fighting for the license. Speaking as someone who has had music played by phantom fm before the big changeover, I am thankful for this one station, and all it has done for the Dublin music scene.
    I must say what an ignorant post that was. People like it because it plays music a large amount of the population have demanding for decades to hear on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ktisel

Phantom all the way...... At the very least the play someting different than the usual chart tennie sensation that will last all of two weeks..... Seriously.... its the only thing on the radio these days I can listen too.....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Phantom or Lyric. For the musical output of the rest I could just stand in an elevator for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but in mine Ray Foley is the biggest load of Sh**e on the radio today. So unfunny but spends his time laughing at his own tripe. In work there is a rush to change channels when Ray D'Arcy is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Given my taste in music i should like Phantom but i just can't get into it. I've tried a few times to listen to it, i've been in mates cars where i've been subjected to it for an hour or two at a time and i just don't like it. As Simon Maher, says to each their own and my original post was a little judgemental but there is also little honesty in there somewhere. I'll give it another bash sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is Phantom feed down? I canny get anything.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The Spin with Clare McKenna and Jonathan McCrea can be really good in the noon time. Pity it's on spin though, they play the same 4 songs all the time. Kanye East being the main man at the minute. After these i just switch between channels

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

mike65 wrote:
    Is Phantom feed down? I canny get anything.

Mike.
    WMP file is working fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

was using http://91.121.1.11:8040/listen.pls in winamp. I'll try the other link.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

mike65 wrote:
    was using http://91.121.1.11:8040/listen.pls in winamp. I'll try the other link.

Mike.

Mike,

That should be working for you now. Not sure if the server just crapped out for a few minutes but it seems happy enough now.

Simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Ye who aren't fans of Nikki Hayes or Ray Foley must be missing Larry Gogan from the 2FM lunctime show...ah the Golden Hour! :D

Advertisement