Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pub in carlow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

he doesnt really open upstairs anymore, but there a pool table downstairs now and martin is still running it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Duiske wrote: »
    Anyone been in Diceys (opposite the boat club) yet ? The building was torn down and re-built. Think it reopened a few months back. Used to be a right kip.

Was often in the old Diceys, been meaning to get down there.

diceys is for army man and old fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Scraggs is a kip! I used to drink there the whole time but now its just so packed its ridiculous and just uncomfortably warm.

I drink in the Barracks or Leverettes for the smoking area, both are really good imo.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If you want a good laugh but most likely too little room to move and NO phone signal, go to Scraggs.

If you want to come across more underagers than you'd meet in a creche, go to O'Loughlins.

If you want to see how many old men will perv on your girlfriend but get to enjoy brilliant DJs, go to Leveretts.

If you want to save money, stay in Leveretts on a Saturday night.

But if you want a good laugh, just go to scraggs and then on to the foundry. Oh, but don't hang around for long after the foundry or you might find a fool that's looking for a fight. (If you're one of those people who looks for a fight, be careful who you pick one with :) )

Ohhh and don't forget to go to Supermacs after it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 biglou

I love em all!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ClioV6 wrote: »
    but get to enjoy brilliant DJs, go to Leveretts.

You're havin a laugh right?!

aren't you???

Corcorans was a great bar, is it still open?

Corcorans was a great bar, is it still open?

yeh well it was before xmas anyhow

patrickc wrote: »
    yeh well it was before xmas anyhow

I drive by it to work in the mornings and was wondering if it was. The Stone Haven is another pub I like for a few quiet ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

Tavern is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

whats the story with Sherif O'Hara's these days? Is it still open? Is it still called sherif guevra's ?

ShayK1 wrote: »
    whats the story with Sherif O'Hara's these days? Is it still open? Is it still called sherif guevra's ?

no was taken over and called guevera's alright, closed i suppose nearly 2 years now, many a great session was had in there

i see.... anyone any opinions on Brown Street Bar?
    I liked that place but rarely ventured in.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Over 20 years since I lived in Carlow...place I remember on Brown St. was Maggie Bolgers. I was in Castle Tavern about 3 or 4 years ago.....still same crowd in there. Wouldn't know where to go these days.... Dinn Ri wouldn't be my cup of tea. Haven't been out in Carlow for 2 or 3 years now.

I recall a certain Sergant used to drink in Stone Haven 20+ years ago...it was older crowd it Stone Haven, my dad used to drink in there and Jimmy Kings which is long gone.

hahaha many a night I spent stuck in Maggie Bolgers. Its changed hands a few times. I think its closed now?

i was in the new med the other night, not loads different but nice still, went to the foundry cant remember when i was last there, not loads of changes there either, the bamboo bar is nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Sherrifs never re-opened after the keg room blew up if I remember correctly. :eek:

Like Leverett's, I suppose out of all the places to go. No pub in Carlow will beat Dalton's in Tullow on a random Tuesday after the indoor soccer or something like that. Good music on and abuse and beer flying! What more could you want?!!

Don1 wrote: »
    Sherrifs never re-opened after the keg room blew up if I remember correctly. :eek:

Like Leverett's, I suppose out of all the places to go. No pub in Carlow will beat Dalton's in Tullow on a random Tuesday after the indoor soccer or something like that. Good music on and abuse and beer flying! What more could you want?!!

yeh your right on sheriffs had forgotten that

tulla to drink in jaisis

patrickc wrote: »
    tulla to drink in jaisis

eehh what?

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    eehh what?

whats in tullow but a hill like?

its a hill surrounded by pubs... the best kind of hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Mylow wrote: »
    Over 20 years since I lived in Carlow...place I remember on Brown St. was Maggie Bolgers.
    Yep, and then it become Sheriff O'Hara's, then Sheriff Guevara's and then well it shutdown for the reasons someone already stated. Great craic in the back place on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
    ShayK1 wrote:
    anyone any opinions on Brown Street Bar?
    Was in it around the time it first opened up, nice place downstairs. I went it to it a few weeks ago and there was just a handful of people drinking upstairs, and the downstairs was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Was down in carlow for RAG Week there. That place behind Buzzs, caleld The Cellar is mental!! I had some laugh in there. Was absolute chaos! Scraggs was pretty much its usual, except they built a big extension on it so theres more room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

Tullys.. no no, full of teenieboppers
    Scaggs is ok, does be packed though.:(
    There was a lovely pub, like the barracks crowd called rua .. It had to close down though, such a shame i really loved it, live music, cocktails..:confused:
    At the moment i am going to levs to start the night although it does be a bit packed the smoking area is A1:D, then down to the med, nice crowd :)or barracks, although i dont like the layout, its too planned and open!?:eek: and then on to tao nightclub, i dont care what anyone says. yes it has a bad name from the music factory but i really like it, ther is no scumbags in there.. A change is good.. :D
    Does anyone else think its funny sometimes if someone suggests going somewhere and some says "no it will be full of scumbags" and then they go to the foundry hee hee, did they ever look around the place while they are there hee hee:pac: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 squiggles

any one know whats happening with lennons on tullow street. its been closed since the start of the year and when it closed first they said it was just for refurbishment and would be open again within a few weeks...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Well I just had a flick through this thread and realised Daltons in Tullow got a mention.

IMO, Hox for president!!

eddiehead wrote: »
    Well I just had a flick through this thread and realised Daltons in Tullow got a mention.

IMO, Hox for president!!

+1

LMAO!!

Who are ya eddie? You gotta be a dalton's resident to know Hox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Ah ya know me alright Shay, Im the one who lives at the poker table 3 nights a week, complaining about stuff and taking the piss out of James Kav aka "The Bump" :D

• Advertisement

eddiehead wrote: »
    Ah ya know me alright Shay, Im the one who lives at the poker table 3 nights a week, complaining about stuff and taking the piss out of James Kav aka "The Bump" :D

ahhhahahah

Eddie G i'm guessing??

Advertisement