Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pub in carlow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

i like the med bar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

i drink in the teach or saints and sinners ,,,med has a crap pint ,,barracks the same,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Teach Dolmen has started to become very popular again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

iamhunted wrote: »
    I hate the med bar. too packed, music is crap and it's full of older people trying to be young. Theres no harm in being old - I am for example - but trying to pretend you're cooler than you are? that doesnt work. Maybe that isnt really what the Med is like, but any time I get dragged in there, thats the impression I get.

so where is your watering hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i rarely venture out unless i have to. too many other little projects to be doing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

ashman007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys, sadly its all bad feedback. Not what i wanted to hear but anyway......

It looks like managed well it would be a good spot i am in the market for a nice place where the family can go on a sunday for nice lunch etc and was also hoping to corner the market for live music and different theme night for the function room.

The underground pub could have been used for student nights but it seems i wont get that.

If the night club has been known for patrons who dont get into the foundry or other places well its always will have that brand of client

I do not want to be refusing cash either but i have been in the hospitality business for over 12 years now and a friendly pub atmosphere is what i am aming at

i always went to the temple and saints and sinners and the edge before that even and im allowed into the foundry, its not just people that cant get into the foundry, people from carlow town go to the temple and people from co carlow and further go to the foundry, thats my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Little Venice, in Haymerket is prob the best place in town for food imo. Then the med or barracks for beers after.
    foundry wrote: »
    Best pub in town is the med bar, expensive but classy!! but its not the best place to get full in!!

Lev's 2nd 3 euro drinks mon-thurs nite

3rd Tullys

LAST Scraggs

Italian connection for food!! NOM NOM NOM

Great stuff, thanks Tcats & Foundry. Didn't make it down to carlow yet, but will keep your suggestions in mind for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I was in Levritts and Tullys Friday night, Tullys was good alright, a nice few in it, there was 10 if even in Levritts

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

I was in Cedar Square(smoking area dinn ri) Friday nite. There was a guy playing guitar and singing. Didn't get his name but he was very good. There was only about a dozen people in it, but looked like it could be a good spot with a bit of a crowd. Best smokin area in the town anyway IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Don1 wrote: »
    Sherrifs never re-opened after the keg room blew up if I remember correctly. :eek:

Like Leverett's, I suppose out of all the places to go. No pub in Carlow will beat Dalton's in Tullow on a random Tuesday after the indoor soccer or something like that. Good music on and abuse and beer flying! What more could you want?!!

to clarify

sherriff's bar was sold to the new owners of crotty's bakery (closed) it was intended that the entire combined properties was to be converted into a shopping mall with 2 street fronts... this never seemed to happen once the economy collapsed. the pub's license was sold seperately.

the last night of sherriff's was a great night when joe & henry (sheriff's last owners) locked all us regulars in and told us to drink the building dry for free :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tombull82 wrote: »
    there is no can bars in town anymore.:(.
    And selling foreign drink you could sell cheep and cater for people that don't want to go out on the town anymore due to price etc.

tavern still sells cans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Anyone know the best place on a Tuesday night? Probably not much happening, does the €3 drinks in Leveretts draw in the students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Don't even think the €3 drinks from Mon to Wed draws many in. Was there last tues nite at 23:00, there was only 10 ppl in the place. No Atmosphere at all. I guess people don't have the disposable income anymore. Most students go to O'Briens, get a box of beer & go have a house party. I know my friends in college don't get any money off their parents so there struggling to even pay the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

tully's is good. finnegans had the best pint in the town before it went and turned into halifax

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

The Tavern is the best pub in Carlow, beer and music second to none.
    Irishmans to watch a match though!:)

doughef wrote: »
    The Tavern is the best pub in Carlow, beer and music second to none.

BEST JUKEBOX EVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

doughef wrote: »
    Irishmans to watch a match though!:)

and to have pints of guinness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bund

Scraggs not for me its a kip. The Barracks or Dinn Ri is where you,ll find me on a sat nite

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Was in the Med two weeks ago on the Friday night and got a free Vodka and something else. I think the name of the drink was a mule.

Was in Scraggs last Saturday and got a free pint of Ice Bud which i pulled myself (it was a promotion, i didnt steal it) and another free one which the designated driver got.

These are my two favourites and will continue to be if they give me free drink :)

I got a free pint of Bud Ice in Dinn Ri beer garden. I poured it into the flower pots. Its complete pi$$ water.

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I got a free pint of Bud Ice in Dinn Ri beer garden. I poured it into the flower pots. Its complete pi$$ water.

people have been shot for less:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Not being a consumer of alcohol i like Brooks because the minerals are generally not flat.

patrickc wrote: »
    people have been shot for less:D

eh, well in fairness, the rep came over to a table that was COVERED in Tyskie and offered us that $h1te. Clearly we drink good beer :)

I had one mouth full out of it and tossed the rest. Muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm the main DJ from the Med, so glad ye think the med is crap for music! :D i completely agree with you. not much i can do about it though. nice pub but on the rare occasions i head out in carlow, id normally head to leveretts.

eh, well in fairness, the rep came over to a table that was COVERED in Tyskie and offered us that $h1te. Clearly we drink good beer :)

I had one mouth full out of it and tossed the rest. Muck!

here's proof
    attachment.php?attachmentid=93675&stc=1&d=1256067669

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Some of the pints in there can be dodgy at the best of times. Just out of curiosity how did the flowers react when you poured the pi$$ water on them. Im guessing they withered before your eyes :D

The evergreens weren't green anymore...

the free bud that night is slowly coming back to me now ;)

only what a month later

that's bad Pat, very bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Saints and Sinners every sunday 7pm to 9pm ...great craic and good music,,,(cough) some shamless self promotion,,,,:rolleyes:

Advertisement