Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

identify some old crisps

• 10-09-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does anyone remember crisps that were out years ago that had an old woman sitting on an old chair peeling spuds into a basin on the packet . I can remenber them but nobody else i know has a clue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

where they either mccoys or sam spudz??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

I think they may have been called Granny smith crisps was the packet green and yellow?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I remember them but can't remember the name I'm afraid. patrick, Sam Spudz had a guy dressed like a detective on the packet. I loved their smoky bacon crisps.

Anyone remember Captain Crisps? They had a watered-down Judge dredd like guy on the packet. I remember saving up something like 40 bags to send off for a poster. No idea why, I never put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Donegans maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Farmer Browns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

ma reillys maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

off topic, I had some Banshee Bones on saturday, they used to be the biz, so much salt and vinegar flavouring, they were rocket fuel! Not the same now though, bland. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

I think wintear you are right the name granny smith comes to mind when i think of them but then i thought of the apples. The packet had green in it alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Off topic but has anyone noticed a change in the taste of cheese and onion Frisps. I loved them when they first came out, had a pack recently and they taste different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The-Rigger wrote:
    off topic, I had some Banshee Bones on saturday, they used to be the biz, so much salt and vinegar flavouring, they were rocket fuel! Not the same now though, bland. :(

They were always bland as far as i can remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement