Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skins series 2

• 10-09-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

anybody know when skins series 2 is coming back on e4???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say early 2008.

Re-runs of the first season are starting shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah I've heard it'll either be this December or January next year. Can't wait for it.

They've been showing Series 1 over the last few weeks on Tuesdays at 10 on Channel 4. I missed it when it was aired first earlier in the year but now I'm hooked.

Now it seems we'll have to wait a bit longer. According to the C4 webiste, it'll be February '08 when series 2 will be first aired. Disappointing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

basquille wrote: »
    I'd say early 2008.
    Marshy wrote: »
    According to the C4 webiste, it'll be February '08 when series 2 will be first aired.
    I'm good me! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The real question is, will the goblin faced one be dealt some form of debilitating comeuppance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I have to say I really thought the first series of this was absolute rubbish!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really liked the first season of skins. Can't wait for the second season. When are the re-runs of season one starting, Basquille?

I really liked the first season of skins. Can't wait for the second season. When are the re-runs of season one starting, Basquille?
    The first series was shown again on C4 a while back, in September and October. Don't know if they'll be on again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cheers marshy, I just realised how old this thread is. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

first 5 minutes are doing the rounds on youtube, dailymotion etc.

can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Season 2 starts February 11.

Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

andrewie wrote: »
    Season 2 starts February 11.

Finally!

About damn time! I've nearly forgotten how the last series ended. They better do one of those "previous on"s, to jog the auld memory.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

About damn time! I've nearly forgotten how the last series ended. They better do one of those "previous on"s, to jog the auld memory.......

Check out the excellent lost videos on the Skins website to catch up on what has happened since the first series ended.
    http://www.e4.com/skins/the-lost-weeks.html

first 5 minutes are doing the rounds on youtube, dailymotion etc.
    The second part is being shown this evening I think.

Its great though, finally an episode about Maxxie.

Ok only 3 hours left to wait...OMG!!!

My Maxxie nirvana...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Fairly poor so far, apart from Bill Bailey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Pacifico wrote: »
    Fairly poor so far, apart from Bill Bailey :D

Agreed. Seems like the bar set last year might be a bit too high. I hope I am wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads give it a chance!! Its only half way through the first episode back.

I thought it was very good. Although it would've had to be really crap for me to be disappointed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Not a bad start to the season,nothing amazing either. But it is only the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Thought it was quiet good,think tonys acting was shocking, its a pity cassie isnt in this series,think she was the best actor last year...

Think maxie might be the starring role in this year next weeks episode seems to be about him aswell....

Got a few giggles n all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

yeah i forgot about this last night........but i turned it on about half way through...

so im assuming tony had lost his memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

I thought it was good. Okay it wasn't brilliant but the story lines have to start somewhere after all its been a few months since tony was clattered by the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It will need to improve soon or people will run away from it fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

are you seriously talking about hairstyles? jesus!

I really enjoyed the first episode, Bill Bailey was very funny in it. hopefully he has more to play in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Pretty impressive dance routine at the beginning

I was a bit disappointed by tonight's episode. That new character was just a bit too extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I think this series seems so much darker than the previous which seemed more fun and quirky.

I hope it picks up, next weeks one looks good!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Rebecca Front in it tonight, Kevin Eldon next week. Harry Enfield, Morwenna Banks, Arabella Weir, Bill Bailey, Peter Capaldi already made appearances, which decent comic actor is going to pitch up next? Steve Coogan?

Would it be poor taste to suggest Chris Langham?

last nights episode was not to my liking, i mean cmon wtf like.....crazy little girl, it was all a bit much, Ill see what next weeks is like but I think its never going to be as good as last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

crap it!

i missed last nights one.

does anyone know if its been repeated!?

think its repeated on a sunday night...not too sure

That episode was disturbing more than anything really. I still found a lot of it very funny though...

Repeats are on at 10.30 on both Wednesdays on E4 and Thursdays on C4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

If ya missed it just watch it on 4Od...its really handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Last nights episode was quite good, much better then the first one

Mr.S wrote: »
    wheres all the mad raves and drugs from the last season, i hope it picks up soon:(

i dont like how maxie is the new main character, thats 2 eppisodes all about him now..
    I guess they're trying to show a different side to the characters' lives in some ways. It would just become predictable if they exclusively showed them at raves getting stoned.

Personally I can't get enough Maxxie action...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Last nights ep was **** imo. Cant wait till Tony gets back to his former witty self, should pick up a lot then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The 2nd episode was quite good. It was f***ed up, but good all the same. We just need a bit more of Sid, Chris and Cassie and then we're back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

As Charlie Broker once said it's like Byker Grove with shagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Thought the first episode was good - didnt fancy the second ep much apart from the Obama/Bananas in PJs bit in the musical

As Charlie Broker once said it's like Byker Grove with shagging.
    He's since reversed his stance on Skins, which is disappointing, because he's the closest thing I have to a god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Robbo wrote: »
    He's since reversed his stance on Skins, which is disappointing, because he's the closest thing I have to a god.

Have you ever watched the Wire?

Charlie Brooker is spot on...best tv show ever made.

Tonight's episode was pretty disappointing I have to say. Some of it was funny but the fact it was practically all set in Sid's house didn't really work. I find it hard to follow which way his story is heading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

last nights was crap for the 1st 30mins (same as the 1st episode), but then poor sid :(

last weeks was a bit much i thought. we all knew what she was doing on the bed, there was no need to show it for so long! (ive no problem with them showing it, just didnt see the need to spend so long on it)

Tonight was a bit of a return to form IMO.

QUite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Lol Plums!!

I hate sid and michelle ,i was really for sid and cassie !!

I think it was pretty low what michelle done like sid was vunerable as she had just pointed out to Scarlllett (then she goes and shags him!!) and the fact that he is Tonys best mate!

A load of bull crap if ya ask me!!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement