Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skins series 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I did like that episode, but the whole Sid/Cassie story is as unclear as ever. Don't know how long Sid and Michelle will last.

It was funny though and I think Sketch is my new favourite character in a kinda stalker way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm watching season one episode 6 at the minute. "There's nothing up there!" Poor Amer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Yah Cassies Back

Im delighted think shes the best, wonder whats gonna happen next week, think its a bit strang though michelle and sid dosnt really work

An episode abut chris, should be funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

watched it last night, what an ending

cassie - hello sid, hello michelle

:eek:

the show is slowly starting to return to series 1 form, although it does look like, even though the show is going focus one mainly one or two characters each week, its always going to go back to sid and cassie, and will they wont they

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Good episode - btw anyone know what the song was that played as the credits rolled? Cheers.

Actually wouldn't mind getting hold of a list of the music from all the episodes if anyone has a linky. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they have a list of music on this site
    http://skinslife.com

interesting esp tonight... not as good as before... Casey is a real psycho,,,nice to see that side of her... tony next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Thought that was the best episode of the season so far. Plenty of laughs but with plenty of drama and story progression too. The guy who plays Chris is great. Glad it all worked out in the end.

That was probably the episode that was most similar to the kinda stuff from the first series alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye last night's ep was a return to the season 1 style episodes,managed to be funny and dramatic. Cassie actually scares me! and Chris is probably the best character,funniest anyway. Also loved how Sketch was turning Anwar into maxxie and Anwar didn't have a clue,was very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

This show has been excellent this year, very well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Liked last nights ep, got confused at the end though. Was the girl that Tony was with real?? Didn't think sid and michelle would last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

not sure if she was real, the soilder on the train may not have been real either, have a feeling tony may have had a skitzofrenic (bad spelling) bought on by the e tab the night before in the club,

just a crazy therory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

It was his female side coming together again. A sort of re-forming of his psyche back to good old Tony. Very Jungian episode. The teacher was the negative stuff that Tony needed to confront 'Your me before I died' etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

What a genius show. It has been absolutly fantastic this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

plonk wrote: »
    What a genius show. It has been absolutly fantastic this season.

Couldn't agree more I can't get enough of this series. I thought the episode where Sid's Dad died was unreal, what a way to finish it at the rave and bring him and Tony back to Series 1 brilliance. As for episode 6 wow! I didn't quite cop the whole fake girl thing until you guys mentioned it but yeah it really makes sense. Great stuff!

To be honest I think there has only been one good episode this season and it was the Chris one. All the others have been sloppy and far too depressing. Last time I looked this show was a comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I thought it was quite good, apart from that awful bit at the end when Effy looks at the camera. Just makes me want to cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I was coerced into watching Skins a few weeks ago by a friend who loves it, and I'm really glad she did. It's a great programme, if really weird at (all)times!

Seeming that I've missed season one in its entirety, I don't really have much to compare the episodes I've seen to, in terms of quality. However, last night's episode wasn't the best, IMO. I agree that there was 'too much Effy'!

My favourite episode of the ones I saw was the one where they went on the road trip to the beach.

That Cassie one freaks the crap out of me! :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Too much Effy??? It was her episode ffs. I thought it was great

That's the problem; she's too boring to have her own episode.....ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I've caught the odd few episodes of this and while some of it is cleverly written and engaging, it is mostly quite dark, and seems very angsty and very up its own backside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

tvnutz wrote: »
    To be honest I think there has only been one good episode this season and it was the Chris one. All the others have been sloppy and far too depressing. Last time I looked this show was a comedy.

ha a comedy... its a drama ffs..

anto-t wrote: »

How bout we settle on comedic drama...or dramatic comedy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i have to say i love my girlfriend even more for intriducing me to this programme

had never seen it, and she showed me an ep a few weeks ago, the one where they went to the beach, without any prior knowledge i liked it

so ive spent the last 2 weeks or whatever watching from the first episode al lthe way up

great programme well made, very funny yet sad and dramatic at the same time.

no character seems annoying, well michelle, but they all have their own strengths etc and everyones interesting.

My girlfriend hates tony but i think hes hilarious
    shes loves maxi :( im in for stiff competition :/

just started watching season 2 now, and i liked the first episode, unfortuantly havnt seen the season 1 finale , must get my hands on it

great programme...im loving tv at the moment

skins, shield, big bang theory and terminator, excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pancakesrgud

Anyone know if the guy that plays tony is the same guy that plays the kid in About a Boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Anyone know if the guy that plays tony is the same guy that plays the kid in About a Boy?

How did you guess? ;)

Yep, same boy. He's grown up....a lot :D

Love the music on this show. It's introduced me to a few bands I'd never heard of. Low in particular, love their sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Entire cast has been axed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skins

t was announced on 28 March 2008 that Skins will have a cast overhaul for the third series in 2009. Original cast members April Pearson, Mike Bailey, Hannah Murray, Joe Dempsie, Larissa Wilson, Mitch Hewer and Dev Patel will not have their contract renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article975410.ece

THE entire cast of teen drama Skins has been AXED.
    The creators of the cult E4 and C4 hit said they wanted a new cast every two years so stars including About A Boy actor Nicholas Hoult have got the boot.

Show chief Bryan Elsley said: “It’s exciting – we never stand still. We can tell stories in a new way.”

I find that a very strange decision if it turns out to be true. It seems they've subsequently changed the wiki entry though.

But there was talk of that happening for a while. Don't see how it could work myself...

anto-t wrote: »

Bull! Its a comedy with some dramatic storylines. Especially season 1.

Bull! Its a comedy with some dramatic storylines. Especially season 1.
    Channel 4 have it under Drama on their website and thats what it primarily is. Its not intented as a pure comedy programme.

The first series may have had more funny elements but even still it would never have been considered a comedy.

Marshy wrote: »
    Channel 4 have it under Drama on their website and thats what it primarily is. Its not intented as a pure comedy programme.

The first series may have had more funny elements but even still it would never have been considered a comedy.

When first aired it was advertised as from the people who brought you Shameless. Another comedy show with dramatic elements. Its a comedy and its attempts to make it more dramatic in season 2 have made it dull and unentertaining,except for the Chris centric episode which happened to be very funny. A comedy.

When first aired it was advertised as from the people who brought you Shameless. Another comedy show with dramatic elements. Its a comedy and its attempts to make it more dramatic in season 2 have made it dull and unentertaining,except for the Chris centric episode which happened to be very funny. A comedy.
    I'd say they're both dramas that incorporate comedy into them and Channel 4 would seem to agree. And I imagine they should know which genres their programmes ought to fit into.

I'd say they're both dramas that incorporate comedy into them and Channel 4 would seem to agree. And I imagine they should know which genres their programmes ought to fit into.

Nah,I'm right and everyone else is wrong,including Channel 4! :)

Personally in my opinion I would see both shows as comedies over dramas. But hey,that's just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Compare the market sponsor drama on 4. BSM sponsor Skins.

QED, it is not drama.

Someone must have a totally different idea of comedy than I do if they thought tonight's episode fits into that category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I was of big fan of series one but not of two. Stopped watching it after four episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

missed tonights one but don't really care, it just keeps getting worse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

andrewie wrote: »
    I was of big fan of series one but not of two. Stopped watching it after four episodes.
    I was browsing boards for most of it. It just isn't dragging me in at all and, from glancing around, I can see the same lack of enthusiasm and same disinterest everywhere for this season.

Thought tonight's was very good. Although, I do feel like hammer throwing Cassie into the middle of next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

chris isnt going to die....is he???

Whats te story with eveil Cassie....I much preferred away with the fairies cassie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Deffo going downhill. Not the season 1 quailty it once was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

halfinch wrote: »
    chris isnt going to die....is he???

Whats te story with eveil Cassie....I much preferred away with the fairies cassie

She's a far more realistic portrait of an emotionally disturbed teenage girl in this series though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont understand everyone on this thread Skins season 2 is class as was Skins season 1 although in a slightly different way. yeah they arent partying all the time now but life isnt always a party shi.t happens and with Skins you never know what that shi.t is going to be and thats why its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really liking Series 2 as much as Series 1.
    It keeps the show fresh and shows life from a completely different angle to season one.

After tonight's episode, I think my overall feeling of the second series is mixed. There's been some interesting episodes but like tonight there's been some that have been missing something. It remains to be seen next week how they conclude the stories of the current cast. But yeah there just has been something lacking.

After tonight's episode, I think my overall feeling of the second series is mixed. There's been some interesting episodes but like tonight there's been some that have been missing something. It remains to be seen next week how they conclude the stories of the current cast. But yeah there just has been something lacking.
    Yea tonight's episode didn't really seem to resolve itself at all. Last one next week. I have to say I'm more than a little fearful that it may be a case of deus ex machina.

• Advertisement
Advertisement