Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

path/walkway to corttys lake?

• 10-09-2007 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

I was up V near there this weekend, and forgot how to get up to it, is their a walkway or old path ye know of ?

I parked in those woods at the bottom (the one with the parking picnic table and when u walk up a bit theirs a phone mast that been made to look like a tree) I though that might lead me up but found myself at a dead end :confused:

anyone know the way up, or the point in the road i stop at?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

where's crotty's lake... do you comshigaun (wrong spelling) I remember climbing a gate and crossing a stream if that's the one not sure where it is though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

When you come up by that fake phone mast there should be a path you can continue along straight through, to the edge of the woods. Theree you'll come to a fence post - climb over the fence post and the path is right on the other side, going up the hill. It's nothing more than a load of rocks as I remember.
    On a busy day you should be able to follow other people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

someone, wouldn't be able to give me driving directions. As I was about 13 the last time I was there.

I'll be coming for Ferrybank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

trishw78 wrote:
    someone, wouldn't be able to give me driving directions. As I was about 13 the last time I was there.

I'll be coming for Ferrybank.
    Sure..
    You'd be heading through waterford and out the N25 towards Dungarvan. Continue until you come to lemybrien - turn off here signposted Carrick and Kilkenny. Continue along that road with the pretty mountains on your left. After about 10 minutes driving you should come to a big car park with some forest on your left, it's the only forestry carpark on that road. You walk from there.

If anybody wants to correct me with a more direct route feel free to do so - not sure how waterford city people normally head to carrick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I was last up there, the bloody pines were starting to get in the way of access, but maybe I was taking the wrong route.

coumshingaun2.jpg

http://www.dlscouts.ie/comeraghs.html

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement