Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Port Forward with Linksys WRT54GC...

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

My WRT54GC, to my dismay, doesn't appear to be able to port map from an external port to a different internal port (e.g. to send external HTTP traffic coming in on port 80 to port 1234 on 192.168.1.99). It can merely forward certain ranges of ports to certain IPs.

It can also do port triggering, but that's not much help either.

What I want to do, like the example above, is forward regular HTTP traffic to a different port on my local network. The box I'm forwarding the traffic to is running BusyBox; does anyone know of any OS-level way I can circum-navigate my router's shoddy support? Or else any alternative way I can get around this? :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

You can see if you can find an alternative firmware for your router like HyperWRT. These f/w usually support more features such as 'port redirect' which is what u are after.

Advertisement