Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suggest better slang

• 11-09-2007 6:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

it's been driving me mad for so long and i think it's finally cracked my mind in two... the word "random" and every derivation thereof:

Me and Fiachra met some total randomers last night

makes me :mad: not sure why but I think it's high time we came up with something better, so I'm asking you boardsters to help me improve slang. Take a word or phrase that's gone a little old and freshen it up, make it a bit newer and halfways entertaining and just generally put the life back into it.

Anyone who can improve the phrase "Yore Ma" wins post of the year, from me anyway. :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

hoody wrote:
    it's been driving me mad for so long and i think it's finally cracked my mind in two... the word "random" and every derivation thereof:

Me and Fiachra met some total randomers last night

makes me :mad: not sure why but I think it's high time we came up with something better, so I'm asking you boardsters to help me improve slang. Take a word or phrase that's gone a little old and freshen it up, make it a bit newer and halfways entertaining and just generally put the life back into it.

Anyone who can improve the phrase "Yore Ma" wins post of the year, from me anyway. :cool:
    Replace randomer? Eh, let me think... Yore sis! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

"Strangers".

</thread>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Parents calling their child Fiachra makes me :mad:

'yorema' was funny 6 years ago or something, it used to be random and well timed. Now it needs to quietly go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

non-sequentials :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

My ma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

How about "we met a few arbi barbies last night"?

Don't think people would know what you mean though

Maybe barbitraries would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

non descript individuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bleedin' muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Also, it's "Fiachra and I...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

id say "unknown chaps"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

Gang?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Nobodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

people I do not recognise as friends or associates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

the word cúnt (without the fada obviously) should replace randomer. think about it... it fits everywhere 'randomer' does, only it fits better. e.g. Fiachra and myself met some total cúnts last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

also, word of advice op: if you're hanging around with a 'Fiachara' you're bound to meet lots of cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

non-deterministicers

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I have never heard of the word random being used in such a fashion.

Kids these days and their random bastardising of the English language. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

'Random' seems to be one of those words that D4 wannabies seem to try work into every possible conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

'Random' seems to be one of those words that D4 wannabies seem to try work into every possible conversation.

Yea with basically, eg: "Well basically its like, random, basically"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I always think of 'randomi randoms', because of Condomi condoms...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Instead of randomers, why not just refer to them as slappers-regardless of whether they were/are or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 goldigga20

Nonners. Thats the latest I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Being an articulate young gentleman I have no knowledge of that which you speak of.

(Fanny = ham wallet)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

well roysh im a d4 nd liok i never use d word randomer like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

when refereing to a group of unknown individuals of whom I know little to nothing prior to engaging them in conversation I refer to them as

Gunters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

interloper

Advertisement