Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting a massive email from outlook outbox

Options
  • 11-09-2007 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

Hello there. Someone (not me i promise) tried to send a 90MB email from my outlook on saturday. A MS Publisher file that they had full size pictures in.
    Basically outlook is still trying to send it and it keeps saying "it had began transmitting" so i cant delete it. Basically when ever i start up outlook it slows my hole computer down and i cant do sod all else.
    Any help as to how to delete it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You could try to disable your network device in Device Mangler. This should get Outlook to run in offline mode where it won't attempt any send/receive. Might give you a chance to delete it from the outbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

yeah thanks, i had just sorta tried that myself...outlook was running cripplingly slow, but i disabled send and recieve, then it allowed me to open the email in my outbox for editing and i could remove the attachment, then resaved it and deleted it. for some reason it wouldnt let me delete it straight off.
    oh well system back to normal now. Thanks

Advertisement