Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Certificate of Competency... arghhhhh!

Options
  • 11-09-2007 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I lost my wallet sometime yesterday evening. Just when I was getting over the thought of having to replace all my atm cards etc I then remembered that I have my certificate of competency in there too!!!
    I actually passed back in may so it's my own fault for not sending it off ages ago but that doesn't help with my current despair!
    Does anyone know whether I can get it replaced or do I have to sit the test again!?!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Any help?
    Q. What happens if I lose my Certificate of Competency within the two year period?

A. You will have to obtain a duplicate from the Driver Testing Section in the Department. You will have to provide a statement certified by a Garda that you have lost the Certificate of Competency.

http://www.drivingtest.ie/faqs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Better news than I was expecting. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Road Traffic (Licensing of Divers) Regulations 1999

34. (1) Where a person to whom a certificate of competency was issued satisfies the issuing authority that such certificate was lost or destroyed and that he or she has adequate reasons for requiring a duplicate of such certificate the issuing authority may issue such duplicate.

(2) A duplicate certificate issued under this article shall be a certificate of competency of the same effect as the original certificate.

Ah sure It's a Wonderful Life George! ;)

Advertisement